Latest Blog Article: Vaginal Mesh Sling Complications and IC?

Question Dizziness when eyes closed

Okay, I know this doesn't necessarily pertain to my IC flares, but lately, I have been noticing occasional dizziness when I am lying down and my eyes are closed. It seriously feels as though I am spinning counter-clockwise and I have to open my eyes to make it stop. I will close my eyes again and then the immense spinning will start again and then the minute I open my eyes, it stops. Wierd.

I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and I am wondering if that is a symptoms if Fibro. Do those of you with Fibro get this sort of dizzy feeling.
    I think dizziness can be a symptom of Fibro, but like this? I also had all my electrolytes tested and they are all fine, so it's not that.

Thanks for your support

Nicole
    Nicole Denise Strickland

Diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis and Endometriosis in May, 2004.
    Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia March, 2006.

Surgical Interventions:
    2 Cystoscopies with Hydrodystension for I.C
    5 Laparoscopies (total in my lifetime) for diagnosis and/or treatment of ovarian cysts and endometriosis

Medical Interventions I have tried: Elmiron, Bladder Instillations (Heparin Cocktails) Neurontin, Elavil, Hydroxyzine, Lexapro, Desogen, Topamax, prescription pain medication, trigger point injections.

Current Medications: Topomax 100mg (to be increased), Continuous Birth Control Pill (Desogen), Lexapro 15mg, Elmiron 400mg, Atarax 25mg, occasional Ambien for sleep, to start Cymbalta soon and Prelief

Remember that you are never alone

Have you talked with your doctor? It could be labrynthitis (vertigo), which is an inner ear problem.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

Labrynthitis has long been one of my CFS/fibro symptoms. Now I take a Serc (UK name - it's betahistine dihydrochloride) tablet at the first sign of dizziness.

I have experienced this with sinus infections.
    Favorite quote: "Moderation kills." ~ Dr Caldwell Esselstyn

I've been remission since Aug 2009! My apologies but I will no longer respond to private messages regarding my IC and VV symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, remission, lifestyle changes including my diet or stress management techniques, etc. I am simply too busy. If you have questions please refer to my remission thread as well as the other 6000 something posts I have made on this board....they pretty much cover it all from beginning to end.

My remission story: Healing from the Inside Out
    http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?75536-My-remission-healing-from-the-inside-out
    What helped me get to and stay in remission? stress reduction, diet, time, meditation, stress reduction, stress reduction, stress reduction!--I no longer take medications for IC, PFD,VV, anxiety, or depression. Making career and lifestyle changes to reduce stress and learning techniques to manage anxiety set the stage for my bladder to heal.
    My history: No history of bladder issues***Onset of IC and VV sxs Nov 2003***Diagnosed Nov 2004 based on symptoms and hydro/biopsy results***Cysto-Hydro did not give therapeutic relief, I had complications and long recovery ***Hunner's Ulcers found and removed during hydro***Symptoms: the usual~pain, burning, spasms, frequency, urgency, nocturia, lower back and upper thigh pain, very bloated "IC Belly"

Dizzyiness and Fibro

I have fibromyalgia as well, but noticed having dizziness (some worse days than others) before the fibro. An ENT did tests and said I have BPPV--which is benign positional vertigo. I don't spin all the time, but get lightheaded when I move my head from side to side or up and down.

People with FM are prone to dizziness, so it's best to be checked out and then if nothing shows up, then you can simply say it's FM. When I have a bad day I take Bonine (OTC-meclezine) and told to do vestibular exercises. I think you can even download the exercises online. It's simple movements that will make you dizzy, however, trains the brain to not be so sensitive to movement.

Good luck,
    Tania

ICN Member

Dizziness with eyes closed

A few months back I was having a problem with getting dizzy when I lay down and roll over on my left side. It turned out to be my right ear having a slight ear infection in it. The doctor prescribed a nasal spray. It did work, it got rid of the infection and dizziness.

Kim

I have been getting dizziness and low blood pressure and fatigue but helped by betahistine. Am concerned though as it is a histamine- is anyone else on this?

I thought my symptoms were due to a cold but nearly 2 weeks later, still need the meds for dizziness or otherwise cannot function as am soooo sleepy and can't function properly.
    IC diagnosis: Aug 2005
    Symptoms: Urgency, urge and irritation and urethral symptoms
    Flareup for 1 year til July 2007 (had constant urge and pain et al....)

Elmiron 100mg 3x daily April 2006 - present
    Enablex 7.5mg nightly Sep 2007 -present
    Atarax, Elavil 10mg nightly (Dec 2007)
    Acupuncture - November 2007 - present

(Past meds for IC- Cystistat, Elavil 30mg, Ditropan, long term a/bs, Prednisolone, Cimetidine, Neurontin)

May be the Elmiron

This is just my opinion but it may be the Elmiron.

I can handle tons of pain medications etc. without much problem but as soon as I get back on the Elmiron there is awful dizziness and vertigo.

I'm thinking Elmiron has more serious side effects now than was orginally indicated. The only way to tell is stop it for a few days and see if the vertigo improves.

This thread is about a year old. Hopefully Nicole has found relief from these symptoms by now, but the info in this thread may still be relevant and helpful.
    Best wishes to all.
    Favorite quote: "Moderation kills." ~ Dr Caldwell Esselstyn

I've been remission since Aug 2009! My apologies but I will no longer respond to private messages regarding my IC and VV symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, remission, lifestyle changes including my diet or stress management techniques, etc. I am simply too busy. If you have questions please refer to my remission thread as well as the other 6000 something posts I have made on this board....they pretty much cover it all from beginning to end.

My remission story: Healing from the Inside Out
    http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?75536-My-remission-healing-from-the-inside-out
    What helped me get to and stay in remission? stress reduction, diet, time, meditation, stress reduction, stress reduction, stress reduction!--I no longer take medications for IC, PFD,VV, anxiety, or depression. Making career and lifestyle changes to reduce stress and learning techniques to manage anxiety set the stage for my bladder to heal.
    My history: No history of bladder issues***Onset of IC and VV sxs Nov 2003***Diagnosed Nov 2004 based on symptoms and hydro/biopsy results***Cysto-Hydro did not give therapeutic relief, I had complications and long recovery ***Hunner's Ulcers found and removed during hydro***Symptoms: the usual~pain, burning, spasms, frequency, urgency, nocturia, lower back and upper thigh pain, very bloated "IC Belly"

Thread Information