Feel like bladder is falling OUT!!

My bladder feels so heavy right now, it feels like it's falling out! I have been in a major flare up since Monday and I'm not sure what caused it. Can anyone tell me if they get flare up after a yearly woman exam. It's the only thing I can think of. Also, is Asparagas an IC friendly food. I also ate it on Monday. It is not listed in the IC diet handbook. Comments greatly appreciated.

some people do have trouble with Asparagas. To be honest I'm not sure if its on the ICN diet or not since that isn't one of my Fav. foods but it wouldn't hurt to take a look you can find the diet at www.ic-network.com/handbook there is a link you can click on from there. After you get use to your diet then you can start adding more things back to your diet slowly to see if you can handle them or not.
    A yearly exam. YES it always causes me the most God - Awful flares it could be from that also. That yearly exam may had caused some bateria to get in and caused a UTI also. I would drink lots of water, try resting, use an ice pack or heating pad which ever you like the best (try them both) if you don't feel better by tomorrow I would call your Uro to let them know what is going on. If you have pain medicine take it and rest. If you have prydrim or AZO that may also help.
    I know this hurts pretty badly hon. If you can't get the pain under control and you can't stand it any longer go ahead and call your dr. maybe they will call you something in if not maybe they will at least see you in the office. for me if i let the pain get out of control my uro has to give me something stronger just one time to get things settle down after that i can normally control it myself.
    sending you hugs and prayers
    Rhonda
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Pelvic exams definitely cause me to flare. I think it's just the "intrusion" that bothers my urethra and bladder.

I've heard that if the doctor can insert the scope sideways it doesn't put as much pressure on the urethra and upset bladder as much.

I haven't had an exam since I heard this .. so I have not been able to confirm this information for myself.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Tara (tbokay)

Age almost 33! (4/27)
    Single - no kids, but 1 cat, Bianca QT
    Diagnosed mild IC in Oct 2004 - but on 11/7/05 told I DO NOT have IC (even though 2 other doctors agree that I DO have IC)
    2nd cystoscopy 10/6/06 confirms I DO have IC! 3 out of 4 urologists agree ... It's not in my head!

9/11/06 Urodynamic results - bladder wont hold more than 200cc without causing retention due to lack of strength in bladder to start urine flow.
    5/3/06 had IVP that revealed "mild swelling" of right kidney and ureter due to "recurrent infections or urine backup into kidney"
    4/13/07 - started RMSO once a week for six weeks - ON HOLD DUE TO INFECTION!!! Scheduled to start again 5/4/07.

Past meds:
    Elmiron - severe nausea
    Prosed - triggers migraines
    Fentanyl - 3 day pain patch - lasted 36 hrs before I had to remove due to adverse reaction
    Vicodin - stopped working
    Tramadol - caused urine retention
    Fioricet - caused urine retention
    Nitrofurantoin (antibiotic for 3 months)
    Celebrex 200 mg
    Pyridium 200mg (for 30 days supply)

Thanks for the info!!!! I went to the Dr. on Wednesday.... no infection. I did take a vicodin to take the edge off. Feeling a little better this afternoon. Thanks again.

IC Friend
    miss - I was getting the feeling that my bladder was going to fall out when my pelvic floor was spasming. Once I got that under control, it felt much better.

I have that feeling right now and have had it for the last week. I am going to the URo. tomorrow(Friday). I feel like I am going to give birth to a bladder at any moment. It might have something to do with that my bladder is prolapsed...I don't know. The pain pills are not working anymore!!!

IC Friend
    Mel - you may want to ask your uro about PFD. It felt that way until I started to treat it and now it's better. It felt like the muscles were really weak. Good luck at your appointment.

Hi, I totally agree with pain meds not working . I am trying a muscle relaxer's to see if maybe it will relax the muscles that hurt so bad. Pain meds don't do anything but make me sick . I have been flared since the weather change . Don't know if it is just me .

ICN Member
    Hi, I just joined yesterday so I don't really know if I'm doing this "posting" the right way! I'm actually looking for answers to my own questions. I was diagnosed with IC in December '04 (after having symptoms since June '03), and started on Elmiron in January '05. I was doing very well until this January, when I experienced a flare after the holidays which lasted about 2 weeks. Felt good for another 3 weeks when I flared up again, and this time it hasn't calmed down yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Hi. I was just diagnosed in January of this year, so I too am new. The only thing I can suggest is maybe take a look at your diet. I began having trouble April of 2005 with a major flare, then months of calmness and a major flare again in October of 2005. Since then I have been in constant pain, so a cystoscopy was performed and a diagnosis made. I find my diet is the most important thing. Good luck to you. I too am on Elmiron and don't see much change in my pain. Take care.

Sometimes there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the flares! Yesterday, I didn't eat or drink anything besides water and still ended up in mega-flare.

Asparagus flares me. Big time. Its a shame too, because I love asparagus!

And I also DO flare after pevic exams. Yikes.

I hope you feel better soon!!!! Just be careful w/ the diet and hopefully you will stop the flare.
    Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
    Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
    Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

ICN Member
    What diet changes have you found to be most helpful? I cut out caffeine, soda, whole wheat bread, salad dressing, mayonnaise, steak sauce, ketchup, juice, fruit (except for blueberries and watermelon, which are supposed to be OK), coldcuts,and I check all "boxed" products (like wild rice mixes, etc) for citric acid. Can you recommend anything else?

Geeze....It is all so individual. Some of us can tolerate one thing, other of us can't! I'm reading that most people can eat pasta w/ no problem......but pasta kills me! Plain pasta! UGH.

I think the "fresher" the food the better, the less preservatives and chemicals. Atleast that has been my experience.

I'd love to eat nachos and have a glass of wine right about now! LOL....NOT!! *sigh*
    Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
    Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
    Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

Thread Information