Latest Blog Article: IC Awareness Daily Fact #17 - Millions of Men Struggle With IC Too

Thread: Oil of oregano?

Oil of oregano?

I read that oil of oregano might help with IC symptoms. So I put one drop of the oil in a glass of water.

EEEEWWWWWW!!!! Is there any way to get that stuff to go down easier?
    Tina

I hear people absorb it into theiry bladder through their skin....that may help you avoid the taste. I know there are some somewhat recent posts about it.
    Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back! My hope story http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/katrina.html
    http://mandksales.net
    IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

carmelann@charter.net please contact me...I am here to help!http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ICinWI/ if your from WI please contact me!

I gave up on putting it in the water, takes too long to drink it lol, I drop two drops towards the back of my mouth, gulp em down and drink the water. I believe it helped me a bit w/the urethral burn.

Hi mattmom. Oil of oregano came up twice before

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/sear...earchid=186172

i concluded that i would like to find it in capsules of some kind.

oil of oregano

Hi Baba Yaga,
    I just picked up a bottle of oil of oregano because it was recommended to me for my sinus problems. How great would it be if it helped the bladder too. I tried the link in your message and nothing came up.

I have heard that many people with IC also have allergic sinusitis. Interesting, or at least it would be interesting if I didn't have them both!!

Liz

I use oil of Oregano as an antifungal fromall the Antibiotics I take.... I never knew there was a connection with it helping iC
    ~leanne

Hi Photomom,
    It's all such a big mystery and seems to be right on the brink of big discovery. It would be quite fascinating if some of us didn't feel so crummy in the meantime!!
    The theory was, regarding my sinus thing, that it was a chronic fungus infection. This seems to be one of the new theories .... and the doc who told me this years ago gave me an Rx for a month's supply of diflucan tablets .....I thought she was nuts!! Not to mention, couldn't afford the pills which were not available as generics yet. Now I think she might have hit the nail on the head, because so many people feel the same way!!
    I assume you have good luck with the oil of oregano? I will let you know how I do with it for sinus.... It would be really nice if it kept me from having yeast infections too eh?? Liz

Quote Originally Posted by photomom
    I use oil of Oregano as an antifungal fromall the Antibiotics I take.... I never knew there was a connection with it helping iC

i have been using oil of oregano as a natural anti for years. It is very strong and works just as well as antis you get an rx for. It does flair my bladder but I rather take natural antis and avoid the yeast infection and killing my immune system. I buy capusles and i put the drops in the capsule and swallow it with water. You can't pre capsule them tho cause it will melt the capsule. I got the capsules from NOW supplements.

ICN Member
    Im going to pick some up now as started a cold and it usually helps tons. If you Have the drops, either drop them in a spoonfull of honey and swallow quickly or mix with a tiny glass of pear juice. It wont taste good but better than mixing with water

ICN Member
    So here's an interesting observation...

Because of the holidays, during which I was a very bad girl, I had a monster flare for the last week or so... but yesterday, I started to take oil of oregano again because I started a cold (and I always take that when I have a cold) but I noticed today that I'm not flaring at all. I'm not sure if it's related but i'm going to hope that maybe, just maybe, it might be. Maybe that stuff cures all, who knows. All i know is that I had a good bladder day, and my cold is turning itself around and leaving quicker than it came. Must be good!!!

Go Oregano!!!!

ICN Member
    I take Oil of Oregano in liquid and pill form.

I know a good way to take the liquid. You'll need either a mirror, or even better, someone to help you. Fill your mouth up with water. Then, with the water still in your mouth, open your mouth. Have someone drop the oil right on the water in your mouth, or use the mirror to do it yourself. Then close your mouth and swallow quick. It usually goes down really easy this way. Once in awhile I'll get a little burning feeling in the back of my throat but nothing unbearable at all.

I think it helps with my bladder. I also think it helps with my IBS-D. When I feel my gut start to cramp I'll take some and usually it just calms down instead of sending me into the bathroom.
    Symptoms began at age 19.
    Diagnosed at age 27.

My symptoms include pressure, frequency, painful urgency, burning, and low back pain.

I also have IBS, Candida, and Adrenal Fatigue.

I am very diet sensitive. I've known about my IC for over two years now and I'm still trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat.

Having IC can be devastating. It has given me depression, hopelessness, and anxiety that can make every day tasks daunting. My supportive husband, prayer, and my faith in God keep me going each day

Thread Information