Latest Blog Article: IC Awareness Daily Fact #16 - IC And Sleep

Smile Nystatin Vaginal Tablets are AMAZING

I am a patient with vestibulitious as well as bladder pain. I was having problems with monthly recurrent yeast infections that were aggravating my vestibulitious. My doctor prescribed Nystatin Vaginal tablets and they have been wonderful. I had problems with yeast infections for years and this treatment has cleared them up entirely. Once I was able to cure the yeast infections I was able to use Capscaicin (which I had previously been too irritated to use) and my vestibulitious is now completely cured.

ICN Member
    Your story is just another verification of what most of us on the Yeast board suspect which is that yeast plays a significant part in bladder, urethral, vulva pain.
    Sammie

Just to clarify, Nystatin helped me manage my vestibulitious. It didn't have any impact on my bladder pain. But, the vestibulitious relief is wonderful.

IC Friend
    Hey Sammie, the yeast queen - what's Nystatin? Is it another med like Diflucan? Thanks!

ICN Member

Nystatin

Yes, Nystatin is a yeast killer medication. It is one of the few fluconzoles that will kill intestinal infestation of yeast. It is also one of the oldest. Frequently they will RX Nystatin when Diflucan fails to get the results they want.
    Sammie

ICN Member
    I am going to have to try this. I've been struggling with yeast infections for 17 years. I have heard about this treatment but wonder why none of my doctors have ever prescribed it for me?? Diflucan does not work for me. I manage with clotrimazole but it is only a temporary fix.
    Couple of questions--how do you know if you have intestinal yeast?
    Is Nystatin taken by mouth or inserted vaginally?
    Symptoms started Nov 2003.
    Diagnosed Nov 2004.
    In remission since Aug 2009.

Favorite quote: "Moderation kills." ~ Dr Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr.

ICN Member
    Re-read first post and I see that these are vaginal tablets. Do vaginal tablets work for intestinal yeast?

ICN Member

Nystatin

Nystatin comes in a pill, powder for oral use and I have never used the vaginal route but I assume it is a suppository of some sort?
    to get rid of intestinal yeast you have to take Nystatin orally as it is the only yeast medication that will clean out the intestines. You find out if you have intestinal yeast by taking a stool culture and sending it to lab which will analize what type is dominant and what is in there. A lot of alternative physicians do this.
    A good clue is if you have repeated vaginal infections, notice a bitter taste in your mouth when you wake up, have tongue white coated and possible other examples in the body. Chances are you have intestinal infestation.
    Every round of antibiotics kills off the good bacteria in the bowel and then you have to replace it.
    Get Dr. Crooks book, Women and Yeast Infections, he talks about IC, and many other yeast related problems. There is also a site on his website to go by state and find a doctor who understands this, many of them are MD's, some DO, . I posted this under Yeast Doctors on this board about a month ago.
    Sammie

I've taken Nystatin oraly, but it didn't really have an impact untill I used the vaginal tablet. It comes with a little plastic aplicator and you use it once or twice a day depending on what your doctor says.

Thread Information