Latest Blog Article: Interstitial cystitis is more of an injury to the bladder

RS-4i RS medical- How to reset?

I just purchased an RS Medical Rs-4i from Ebay to help my back pain. The device work really well for a couple weeks. It help my back tremendously. It help me sleep really well at night and I don't feel the back pain any more.

three days ago it stop working. There is a message on the LCD " SERVICE REQUIRE" and phone # of RS medical.
    I called them for support. RS medical required that I should fax them a copy of the Doctor prescription before they could reset the device for me.
    I am a farmer and don't have insurance. I call a doctor office and was told by the receptionist that i would have to make an appointment w/ the doctor for a checkup to determine if the doctor could provide me a prescription for the device. the initial oppointment would cost me between about $100.

To make the long story short... Does any one know how to reset this device?
    I would be GRATEFUL.

Thank you

to the ICN!!
    I really think you should work with a doctor for this. Not only to reset the device but so that you are sure to use it correctly. Please talk to a doctor. Dixiefireball and the low income board may have some ideas that can help you afford it better.

http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/ this is an essential link for everyone with IC. It is very informative on meds, living with IC, and self help....take a look!!!

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7562 this is thread of pain relief the second page has attachments I believe the last attachment is the list of pain relief ideas.

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11535 This is newbie kit from the oldies to the newbies
    Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back! My hope story http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/katrina.html
    http://mandksales.net
    IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

carmelann@charter.net please contact me...I am here to help!http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ICinWI/ if your from WI please contact me!

Hmmm...I have one and I will poke around at it and if I can figure it out, I will let you know if I can find a way to set it. Mine always says that error message and contact RS medical, but I disregard it and it still works anyway.
    30 year old Mother, Midwife, Birth Doula, Herbalist, and Massage Therapist with sudden onset of IC approx. 2/16/05 (after a PAP smear and routine gynecological exam). I tried a HUGE list of natural and alternative treatments (including Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe, Aloe gel, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, L-Argenine, Quercitin/Bromelain, Marshmallow Root...etc) for the first 9 months of having IC, without much relief, until I finally researched and started Elmiron.

My experience:
    ~Previously took Elmiron 100mg three times a day
    (9/29/05-7/06)
    ~Experimented with dosage (1-2 Elmiron a day recapped into a plain gelcap) and did well with occasional mild flares. (7/06-9/09)
    ~Stopped all together at the 1 year mark (9/29/06) for 10 days. Still felt good, with low-level symptoms.
    ~Decided to go back on it (10/16/06) to see if another year on it will bring me into full (zero symptoms) remission. Currently taking 1-2 pills a day, recapped into a plain gelcap.
    ~ 6/08...Tried to go off Elmiron again, had huge flare at the 3 week mark, went back on 100mg once a day for maintenance.
    -I went off Elmiron for 2 months due to pregnancy and had a complete relapse of IC symptoms to pre-diagnosis levels of pain/frequency. I then went back on Elmiron at 10-12 weeks, but was unable to take it further due to severe morning sickness. The 2nd/3rd trimesters were MUCH better IC-wise, and postpartum is the best I have felt in years. I am no longer on Elmiron for now.
    -20 month postpartum remission from 4/17/09 to 12/10/10.
    -Out of remission after a pap smear on 12/10/10. Pap smears are obviously the main IC trigger for me. Currently trying to cope with loss of the remission.

Also doing:
    ~Sugar-free/gluten free and strict IC diet (With an emphasis on organic, alkaline and whole foods)
    ~Prenatal DHA/Fish oil supplement
    ~Vitamin D supplement
    ~Culturelle probiotic

IC Friend
    Tom - my battery needed to be replaced and I just called RX med, they gave me another unit to use in its place, they changed the battery, and never asked for a prescription. I think it cost me $50.00 for a new battery. It needs to be reset internally, that's the problem. Call them again - perhaps its who you talked to.

Hutto, Texas (30 miles or so outside of Austin)
    I have a tens unit,unfortunately, workmans comp wants theirs back, the company RS Medical, was trying to fight for me to keep it, but they gave me the wrong date to send in my rebuttal, so I just talked to the nurse, and she is going to talk to the doctor tomorrow morning when he comes in and see what he can do.

Thread Information