Overactive bladder vs. IC

Overactive bladder vs. IC question
    The symptoms seem to be similar. However, I feel swollen. Aside from feeling like I have to pee all the time, I have a constant "weird" swollen feeling in my bladder, even when I have a rare moments peace. Is this typical of IC rather than overactive bladder?

Kaykels,
    I suggest you make an appointment with a urologist, and discuss this with him.. Not being a doctor I couldn't tell you what was wrong. You may have a bladder infection, or it could be over active bladder. Many things mimic IC, and its best to go and get checked out.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

I agree with tigger; it's best to go to the doctor and see what's going on. I hope you feel better soon
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

I've BEEN to the doctor many many many many times. I don't have an infection! It mimics an infection but never any bacteria. I was dx'd 10 years ago with IC and suffered on and off for about 2 years. I had my bladder stretched 8 yrs. ago, and never really had a problem again until this past summer. Now there is blood in my urine again and I feel swollen and awful.
    My question still stands...
    What is the difference between IC and OB? And do you feel SWOLLEN with IC? I'm changing urologists because my doc doesn't LISTEN and wants to chalk everything up to a very small kidney stone that has NOTHING to do with my bladder. Then she said, well, if hydro-stretching your bladder worked before, lets do it again. But no care, no concern, doesn't even matter what the Dx is.
    Last edited by kaykels; 01-11-2006 at 05:07 AM.

See how you go with your new urologist -perhaps ask him the difference so he can re-examine your symptoms. Maybe the hydro is what could help. I do feel swollen but during an infection
    IC diagnosis: Aug 2005
    Symptoms: Urgency, urge and irritation and urethral symptoms
    Flareup for 1 year til July 2007 (had constant urge and pain et al....)

Elmiron 100mg 3x daily April 2006 - present
    Enablex 7.5mg nightly Sep 2007 -present
    Atarax, Elavil 10mg nightly (Dec 2007)
    Acupuncture - November 2007 - present

(Past meds for IC- Cystistat, Elavil 30mg, Ditropan, long term a/bs, Prednisolone, Cimetidine, Neurontin)

Thread Information