Latest Blog Article: Vaginal Mesh Sling Complications and IC?
Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    ICN Member

Mold toxicity and IC-I just put it together

I was told today, from a famous toxicologist who treated President Reagan after his gunshot, that I have been exposed to 3 dangerous molds. They are creating toxins in my body that interfere with the synthesis of proteins (hence, APF) and break down the immune system (hence my 7 UTI's in 12 months). It also causes nerve damage. It has been studied by the defense department for biological warfare. Nice, I have been poisoned.

I will have to go through a year of a specialized detox program. My bladder can't handle even a children's vitamin now and I am scheduled for Botox on Monday. The toxicologist said it was SAFE. Then, we are going to start the protocol and if my bladder can't handle it, I have to do it by IV.

This explains so much. I would never have found this out. The tests are very specialized. My dad dragged me there because he was worried about all the medicine I was on and my suffering.

I had my house tested today. It's pretty new and no one in my family is sick. I'll know on Friday. If my house is ok, it is his and my opinion I was exposed to this in the public pool and the gym I joined in 10/03 which started all my bladder infections. He said he is 99% sure that is how I was exposed.

This could be a huge story and and important cause of some forms of IC.
    Indy

Wow! This is really scary. I hope the detox protocol works really well for you - this could be a big breakthrough, would explain why the APF is triggered in some people.

Mold is pretty common, maybe not the really bad toxic kinds, but who knows? Maybe this bad toxic kind is more common than we know?

Blessings, Lori

Indy, where are you going through the medical detox program? Who diagnosed the problem? And how? Can you tell us some more please about your doctor--how long it took to get in and where is s/he? Since my IC symptoms started with a hemorrhagic bladder, I've been interested in the toxicity origin theory ever since an infectious disease doc told me that it had to have been a toxic blast that caused the bleeding 14 years ago. I have all the symptoms of a toxic body and it's getting worse. My house has been tested (negative) and I'm not allergic to molds or mildew, according to a local allergist M.D. But maybe there's something else they could find . . . would appreciate more information please. Send me email if you prefer. Good luck and I'm happy they're finding something that will work for you!

ICN Member

I went to Dr. Gary Ordog, in Valencia, CA. I'm sure you can google for a toxicologist near you.

He ordered a full panel for exposure to pesticides, molds and other enviornmental poisons.

I thought it was far fetched but my dad dragged me there since I have been getting worse and have so much going on besides IC.

It turns out these molds produce byproducts that are poisoness toxins to humans. They can effect everything, immune and nervous systems--the whole body. What's worse, they would have eventually killed me and are cancer causing. I'm still in shock! The biggest side effect is on the DNA and protein synthesis (APF factor?).

I will be taking a wide range of vitamins and antioxidants and have to sweat an hour a day for a year to detox through my urine and sweat. It's very involved.

I don't know if my bladder can handle it and if not, I have to get this treatment IV.

I wish more people had read this thread! This is very important.
    Indy

WOW! I am deffinatly looking into this myself! Thanks!

Indy, will you please keep us posted as to your progress? I'm most interested in hearing about it. I may try it . . . I did google toxicologists and I have 2 choices: 4 hours away and 90 minutes away, respectively. So I'm sure I can find one to do the testing. Detoxing has not been possible for me, not even mild, gentle detoxing, given the sensitivity of my bladder. But maybe under medical direction and guidance, it would be possible, who knows? Right now I'm focusing on finding something, anything to soothe my bladder before I start with the cleansing, and so far, no luck. Please keep us posted. Sounds like you are on the right track!

ICN Member

Hi. It just so happens that I am scheduled to get Botox in my bladder tommorrow at UCLA by my urologist. This was scheduled way before I got this news. The toxicologist actually suggested it during our initial consultation before the lab results even came back! We are hoping it will allow my bladder to handle the detox.

You might be able to get the tests done by an infectious disease doctor or even another doctor who can consult with one.

If anyone wants my test codes, I can post them.

Wish me luck on my Botox tommorrow!
    Indy

Indy, I'll take your test codes. I googled toxicity tests and found several, but I'm interested in what you have. Good luck on your botox tomorrow. Let us know what happens, ok? I'm sending warmest thoughts your way.

ICN Member

Hi. The toxicologist's website that I went to is http://dwp.bigplanet.com/toxic.

There is a 24 hour urine test that I was not able to take because I am on macrobid every night and it would have affected the results. These tests are for exposure to formic acid, inhalants, pesticides.

The blood tests I had were to screen for carbophenthion, chlorpyrifos, coumaphos, diazinon, dichlorvos, dimethoate, EPN, Ethion, fenchlorphos, fenthion, oganophosphate, fonofos, malathion, metasystox, methyl parathion, mevinphos, P nitrophenol, parthaion, paraoxon, phorate, terbufos.

I also was checked for pneumontitis IGG, Alternaria alternata, aspergillus fumigatus, aureobasidium pullulans, micropolyspora phoma herbarum, thermoactinomyces SPP, trichoderma viride.

I was also tested for Stachybotrys Chartarum IGE, IGG, IGA, Aflatoxins IGG, IGA, IGM, Trichothecene IGG, IGA, IGM, Satratoxins IGG, IGA, IGM.

I was able to pull up a lot on the internet. The doctor recommended going to a site on the internet and I printed it out on Mold Toxicity from the University of Connecticut.

It might freak you out--just remember, you don't know if this applies to you or not. I am definately freaked out but actually have something to work on now and maybe get to the bottom of it.
    Indy

Ok, how do you find a medical toxicologist?
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Julie,

For some reason, upon searching the web, the most info goes v=back to government agencies and the connection to poison centers across the country...so I am giving you the most common link, from there you might need to dig a bit further to get the info....not an easy thing to track down, but apparently every poison contol center has to have one on board if not in charge.

http://firstgov.gov/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, This Is My Story, 1937

I just did keyword search for toxicologist in my city and state.
    To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
    I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

I have been searching since I posted that last. I don't see any in my network ::grumbling:: but I am going to make a few calls tomorrow about this.

I hope your treatment makes you 100% better!

Hugs, Julie
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

ICN Member

Mold Toxicity and IC-I just put it together

Hi all. I just found a website for you to find a toxicologist in your area:

www.acmt.net. That is the American College of Medical Toxicologists.
    Indy

ICN Member

Hi. I had 300 units Botox in my bladder this morning.

I delivered the toxicology news to my doctor before the surgery. He is Dr.Shlomo Raz, head of the Urology at UCLA. He was FASCINATED and wants every little piece of info and will speak to the toxicologist. Hopefully the Botox will allow my bladder to handle the rigors of the detox.

The Health Department is going to check to health club pool. Another friend has been sick with sinus infections for a year since we swam there and the nightmare began.

This is really going to be a big story.
    Indy

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information