Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool I'm using an RS-4i Stimulator

Hi..
    I just got my "zappy machine" today from the PT...I thought it was going to be a TENS, but it is this RS-4i thing. I cant wear it like a TENS (Ive never seen a TENS but I heard about them on this board) but this is cool, it has a pain setting that I use on the front on my bladder and then a muscle setting that is much stronger that I use on my back where the bladder nerves come out. Has anyone used this machine before?

http://www.rsmedical.com/ Thats the link that talks about it and it looks like a good thing to me, I wish I had one to use when times are tough. Have fun I hope it helps
    Jan
    If at first you don't succeed try try again!!
    My Space

Diagnosed: Arthritis 2002 Arthritis Foundation
    Diagnosed: IC Oct 2004 ic-network
    Diagnosed: RLS Feb 2005 RLS Foundation Southeren California RLS Support
    And my favorite url WebMD
    Taking: Mirapex, Elmiron and DitropanXL

yes,

i have heard of remedical.com.

i was going to get their machine, but i wanted something to use to go to the grocery store. i get terrible spasms in the muslces that hold the kidneys, so i opted for the empi.com tens unit. it works well.
    the rep. for texas is nice.
    the little unit has two batteries that are rechargable.

i do understand that the rsmedical machine is good, too.
    it has more pads then a carry tens unit. doesn't it have 8 pads?!

good luck!

shenna

A month with RS medical

It has been a month now with the RSmedical unit. I really rely on it now. if i wake up in the middle of the night with pain, I go to the couch and put it on. Then I can usually fall back to sleep. I think it (for me) cuts the need for pain meds at night, which I took before I got it.

My perscription for it is only 3 months, so I am worried about what will happen when it is up. I feel like I want to have it always.

HI

Massagedoula

I am interested in the rs-4i stimulator. I have a tens that I always wear

But did you say yoU CANT wear it because I do not know what to do if i could not wear it.

Is it better than the tens

Thanks
    NEW YORK YANKEES ROCK THE HOUSE. 26 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS, THE MOST EVER\

GO YANKEES
    :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi Portia,
    I read alot of your posts. I hope that you are feeling better, and are in less pain than usual.

The RS medical stimulator cannot be worn all the time. What it does is that it has a setting that is specific for pain, and then another setting that is specific for muscle. I put the pain setting on my front, around the pelvis/bladder area, and then I put the muscle setting on my back, around my sacrum/butt. The muscle setting causes muscle contractions, and it is not to be used on the bladder area. I never used a normal TENS so I dont know how different it is. I know that I was calliing my unit a TENS, and my physcial therapist said that the RS Medical is not a TENS, it is different. Maybe it would explain on the website. I know I had to get a perscription for it, and I might not be allowed to keep it, like a TENS.
    30 year old Mother, Midwife, Birth Doula, Herbalist, and Massage Therapist with sudden onset of IC approx. 2/16/05 (after a PAP smear and routine gynecological exam). I tried a HUGE list of natural and alternative treatments (including Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe, Aloe gel, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, L-Argenine, Quercitin/Bromelain, Marshmallow Root...etc) for the first 9 months of having IC, without much relief, until I finally researched and started Elmiron.

My experience:
    ~Previously took Elmiron 100mg three times a day
    (9/29/05-7/06)
    ~Experimented with dosage (1-2 Elmiron a day recapped into a plain gelcap) and did well with occasional mild flares. (7/06-9/09)
    ~Stopped all together at the 1 year mark (9/29/06) for 10 days. Still felt good, with low-level symptoms.
    ~Decided to go back on it (10/16/06) to see if another year on it will bring me into full (zero symptoms) remission. Currently taking 1-2 pills a day, recapped into a plain gelcap.
    ~ 6/08...Tried to go off Elmiron again, had huge flare at the 3 week mark, went back on 100mg once a day for maintenance.
    -I went off Elmiron for 2 months due to pregnancy and had a complete relapse of IC symptoms to pre-diagnosis levels of pain/frequency. I then went back on Elmiron at 10-12 weeks, but was unable to take it further due to severe morning sickness. The 2nd/3rd trimesters were MUCH better IC-wise, and postpartum is the best I have felt in years. I am no longer on Elmiron for now.
    -20 month postpartum remission from 4/17/09 to 12/10/10.
    -Out of remission after a pap smear on 12/10/10. Pap smears are obviously the main IC trigger for me. Currently trying to cope with loss of the remission.

Also doing:
    ~Sugar-free/gluten free and strict IC diet (With an emphasis on organic, alkaline and whole foods)
    ~Prenatal DHA/Fish oil supplement
    ~Vitamin D supplement
    ~Culturelle probiotic

Thanks for your help

appreciate it

GO YANKEES

massagedoula

I have been reading yours posts from February. Did you ever get an official diagnosis of ic.?

GO YANKEES

Nope! Nothing yet...I don't know what else it could be though. So far I have been told (this is all by different Drs) That maybe I have IC (a guess--not a diagnosis from my gyno), urethral syndrome, pelvic pain syndrome (from my urogyno) and the best one "a transient condition that will go away by itself" (I never went back to THAT Urologist again). I have more appointments with different uros coming up and a cystoscopy (in-office) and urodynamics test tomorrow with the urogyno. Maybe I will never get an answer, but I treat myself like I have IC anyway...I have something wrong..this is not in my head!
    30 year old Mother, Midwife, Birth Doula, Herbalist, and Massage Therapist with sudden onset of IC approx. 2/16/05 (after a PAP smear and routine gynecological exam). I tried a HUGE list of natural and alternative treatments (including Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe, Aloe gel, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, L-Argenine, Quercitin/Bromelain, Marshmallow Root...etc) for the first 9 months of having IC, without much relief, until I finally researched and started Elmiron.

My experience:
    (9/29/05-7/06)
    ~Experimented with dosage (1-2 Elmiron a day recapped into a plain gelcap) and did well with occasional mild flares. (7/06-9/09)
    ~Stopped all together at the 1 year mark (9/29/06) for 10 days. Still felt good, with low-level symptoms.
    ~Decided to go back on it (10/16/06) to see if another year on it will bring me into full (zero symptoms) remission. Currently taking 1-2 pills a day, recapped into a plain gelcap.
    ~ 6/08...Tried to go off Elmiron again, had huge flare at the 3 week mark, went back on 100mg once a day for maintenance.
    -I went off Elmiron for 2 months due to pregnancy and had a complete relapse of IC symptoms to pre-diagnosis levels of pain/frequency. I then went back on Elmiron at 10-12 weeks, but was unable to take it further due to severe morning sickness. The 2nd/3rd trimesters were MUCH better IC-wise, and postpartum is the best I have felt in years. I am no longer on Elmiron for now.
    -Out of remission after a pap smear on 12/10/10. Pap smears are obviously the main IC trigger for me. Currently trying to cope with loss of the remission.

Also doing:
    ~Sugar-free/gluten free and strict IC diet (With an emphasis on organic, alkaline and whole foods)
    ~Vitamin D supplement
    ~Culturelle probiotic

massagedoula

I don't understand why they did not give u a hydro-cysto under anesthesia yet?

GO YANKEES

Angel watching over us
    Massagedoula,
    If it is working that well, get one of the docs to document it on your chart and have it sent to the insurance company or whatever kind of case management set up they have. They will probably buy it as oppose to lease it for you because in the long run paying for this may decrease their costs in other areas of your medical care. PM me if you want some exact details. Glad it is working.

Hugs,
    Barb
    (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
    :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
    :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
    I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
    PCOS 7/85
    RSD 7/94 :headbang:
    Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
    Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
    Kidney stones--too many to count
    Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
    IC 6/03 :evilsmile
    Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
    "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
    "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I would like to know the details. However, I have to wait to do anythong w/insurance, b/c they are currently trying to screw me by saying that my bladder problems are pre-exisiting. They have denied all uro visits and everything else lke acupuncture and naturopathy that has to do with my bladder for this reason. They are idiots. They say that they saw on my patients notes from my gyno that I had a history of frequent urinationd and theya re so dumb that they think that it is the same as the IC pain I have now.

I am waiting on a letter from said gyno to be written so I can fax the supid insurance my appeals package. I would love to own my RS Medical. My perscription for it will run out in a month.

My experience:
    (9/29/05-7/06)

Also doing:
    ~Vitamin D supplement
    ~Culturelle probiotic

Massagedoula:

I got one of those rs-4I stimulators like you did last week. They say it is stronger than the tens unit. What I don't like about it is you can't really wear it because it is strong sucks up the battery in an hour. My pain mgmt doctor told me it was only to be used by plugging in the wall as that is what is made for.

I told her well good thing I still have my tens unit, because I use that walking around.

How is yours working for you?

GO YANKEES

I like the Rs-4i stimulator. It is nice because I put it on the pain setting in front, and then I change it to the muscle setting for my sacral lower back area. I wish it was portable, but I think that they dont make it portable because it is so strong, you couldnt wear it all the time. My PT says it is the best there is...I'm glad you got one!

My experience:
    (9/29/05-7/06)

Also doing:
    ~Vitamin D supplement
    ~Culturelle probiotic

Hi All,

Just some dumb questions about the Rs-4i stimulator...what is the muscle setting mainly used for? Do the Rs-4i stimulator also help with urgency and urethral pressure? I have been thinking about the TENS, but maybe I should also consider the Rs-4i stimulator. Thanks!

LittleQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information