Latest Blog Article: IC Awareness Daily Fact #30 - With gratitude, we honor those who have left their mark on the IC movement
    ICN Member

Exclamation Normal Urine Amounts????

Hello All,
    Yes, it is me again!!!! I was wondering something and would love to have as many people respond as possible. I started measuring the amount of urine in my normal viods during the day. My uro and gyn wanted me to keep a void diary and i saw on here to put the amounts you were going each time. Well I have been doing this for two weeks now and finally added it up and got an average and was shocked to find out that my normal amount when I had to go SO bad, like burning, tears in the eyes bad, that I was only peeing less than 1/2 a cup!!! This seemed like such a small amount to me. I did read some posts here about cc's or something, so I don't know how many cc's that is, but it seemed like not very much to me.
    P.S. Measuring your pee while you are going, all the time, is NOT fun. I can't even count the number of times I peed on myself!!!
    Love Sarah

Hi, Sarah, it's going to vary from IC'er to IC'er.

My normal voids are also half a cup or less most of the time. It really depends on how my bladder is feeling that day, though. Some days I get almost a cup from each void. Other days, only a tablespoon or two.

You will find a very wide range amongst IC'ers. Those who tend to have greater frequency/urgency will also probably tend to have the lower voiding amounts each time.

Blessings, Lori

When I did my void dairy I was at 1 oz everytime I had that gotta go gotta go right now feeling. At night when I woke up in pain, I mean PAIN it was 3 oz. I don't know cup wise how much that was but it is a small amount.
    Jill

I too am not sure what cc's is? Here in Australia we measure by ml's. A few months ago I had my bladder filled to capicty at my uro's office & only held 120ml's before I was ablut to pass out in pain. Doing my voiding diary the most I peed was 70mls a couple of times & mainly about 10-15mls on average which is mabey a couple of spoon fulls Very annoying. Not all days are the same, same days I'm sure I get bigger amounts.
    Andrea

Hi, Andrea, CC's are the exact same as ML's.

Blessings, Lori

Here's a quick explanation of cc/ml...

Milliliter
    (mL, cc, cm3, metric) The prefix "milli" means 1/1000, so 1 milliliter = 0.001 liters. Alternatively, there are 1000 milliliters in a liter. One milliliter = 0.0338 fluid ounces. Also known as a cubic centimeter (see distance units) because a cube 1 cm on each side has a volume of 1 ml. Because water has a density of 1.0, one ml of water weighs 1 gram.

I find that the amount I void varies greatly depending on how my bladder is behaving itself. A good day is around 1/2 Cup at a time. A bad day is like 2 Tablespoons (1/8 Cup).

An interesting subject though! I sometimes find myself in a public restroom next to someone who just goes & goes, and find myself amazed! 'Peeing Envy'?

Vicki

OMG Vicki, I do that too, not with other people but my husband mostly! When he goes, it's like 10 times at least what my bladder can hold. Wow! I'm amazed.

Blessings, Lori

If you're having a problem urinating in a container, you might check with your pharmacy about the container that fits under the toilet seat, sometimes called a "san pan" --- it has measuring lines on it and you can pick it up and empty it without getting urine on your hands. They use them in hospitals when they have to measure output on a patient who is going to the bathroom.

And there are about 250 cc's in a cup.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

ICN Member
    Wow, thanks Donna!! So that means I go about 125 cc's each time, and that is when I am seriously in pain. Does that happen to you all too?? Do you get tears in your eyes from this??
    Thanks for the replies. I know I ask a lot of questions, but I am new to this, and need info!! I am a total research freak, so I always want to know as much about anything as I can!!
    Love Sarah

Registered User codyryonwoodward's Avatar
    I am one those people who when I go its very very little at a time. Maybe a tablespoon. But I go 35 -43 x a day. I do tear up if I am not able to go right then. I use to work an hour from my home and the drive home there are NO rest stops not bathroom nothing . So by the time I get home I am in terrible pain and it totally hurts to go to the bathroom. But every ICer is going to be different. Not sure on my cc's never been good at that .
    Patricia

Thread Information