Latest Blog Article: Interstitial Cystitis Treatment Guidelines Updated by AUA in Fall 2014

Arrow Trigger Point Injections for Fibromyalgia

Hi everyone. I went to my drs appointment today to get my 2nd round of trigger point injections for my Fibromyalgia. I got several in my back, neck and hips and I'm very sore and stiff but I'm told this will help the pain I'm experiencing with my Fibro. Let me tell you the injections are not fun and they cause a little dizziness and nausea but I'm going to go curl up with my heating blanket and watch a good movie for a while until my pain meds kick in.

In case you followed my other posts, he refilled my oxycontin as well as increased the doseage and amount :woohoo: and is considering putting me on Neurontin in the near future but refused anything for breakthrough pain, not sure why and he wasn't in one of those discussion moods so I just left it at that and was thankful that he didn't just drop my meds compleley like he told me he was going to do the other night on the phone.

It's a real relief off my shoulders. I know I'll sleep well tonight. Thank you everyone for your prayers and all your kind words of support, I don't know what I'd do without the friends I've made on the ICN or all the support that everyone gives eachother in times of need here. This is the closest knit message board family I've ever belonged to and I'm thankful to Jill and Donna for keeping it going. God bless you all.

Love,
    Tracy K.

PS
    My bed is calling me....need to lay down NOW! I'm dizzy and hurtin!
    Love from far away,
    Tracy K

Current & Past Health Diagnosis(s)
    Currently suffering from 2nd Bladder Prolapse
    Interstitial Cystitis- March 2004
    Fibromyalgia 2004
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2005
    Severe Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Tension & Migraine Headaches
    Chronic/Severe Urinary Retention
    Numerous Endometriosis/Adhesions Removal Surgeries
    Pelvic Organ Prolapses (Uterus/Vaginal Walls, Bladder, & Rectum)
    Partial Hysterectomy 1997
    Ovaries Removed due to large cysts 1998
    Chronic UTI's (ongoing)
    Medtronic Interstim Unit removed after 5 months due to severe infection and unit was floating around in my lower back 2004

Never be ashamed to ask for help when you need it.

God will never give me more than I can handle, but sometimes I wonder if he lost track of what's he's dealt out here ???? I'm trying here

Tracey,
    I am so glad he worked with you!!! Hope your able to get some rest and start to feel better soon !
    huggs,
    Kelly
    To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
    I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Tracy...I am so glad you received some help. Rest well...
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Tracy - I knew your appointment was today and wondered how it went. I am so relieved for you that your doc is going to continue to treat your pain. I am sure that was a huge relief for you.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

My IC story: http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/kim.html It's very outdated now. I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way. ~ Viktor Frankl

You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you. ~ Brian Tracy

Im glad everything worked out well.
    Rhonda
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

I think Cindy (Brat) gets those injections--at least she does in her hips and tail bone I think. I used to take Neurontin for my Fibromyalgia, and it helped a great deal.
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Tracey,
    I am wondering is a MD who does these injections ? if not what kind of doctor. My Md thinks I may have fibro and is going to refer me to a rhemotologist (sp) not sure how to spell she said they treat arthritis and fibro. She tried muscle relaxers first but I get little relief and very tired.I called to get the referral today..
    Kelly
    I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Arrow KellyMcC

My MD does these for me. They have to be trained in doing them. They either use lidocaine alone for the injections or they mix it with a steroid to make it last longer. It hurts when you get them and the 2nd day you're really stiff but then the following day your fibro pain lessens and you feel somewhat normal again.

Hope that answers your questions.

Im hurting pretty good tonight, i got my neck in 2 spots and my shoulder blades and my hips and knees today so I got a good Fibro overhaul.

PM me or Sarojini if you have any questions on these, her uro does her for her, can you believe that?

Tracy K.
    Love from far away,
    Tracy K

Fibromyalgia 2004
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Chronic UTI's (ongoing)
    Medtronic Interstim Unit removed after 5 months due to severe infection and unit was floating around in my lower back 2004

God will never give me more than I can handle, but sometimes I wonder if he lost track of what's he's dealt out here ???? I'm trying here

thanks for the information. I get injections into my joint for tmj that was painful yikes but it did help for a few weeks after 2 days.
    hope your feeling better tomorrow.
    thanks again
    kell

ICN Member
    My PT says I should get my doctor to give me trigger point injections on the points referring to my bladder like in the inner thighs. I'm going to ask at the pain center tomorow.
    Indy
    Indy

Hutto, Texas (30 miles or so outside of Austin)
    My friend gets these injections for her fibro. It really helped her. She was in pain for 3-4 days afterwards, but she said it has been worth it. When she goes to her next appt. she is going to discuss about getting another round. I don't really know what she is taking for pain, but the doctors who used to treat her refused to give her anything (she is on Medicaid and they said that patients who they treat that is on Medicaid all they want is the pain meds so that they can sell them on the street! that is definantely not her!!
    I finally found her a doctor who can help her.
    I wish you the best.

Wink Your trigger injection sites are sore for a couple days

I'm hurting pretty bad this afternoon from all the injections I got yesterday but this stiffness and soreness usually only last a day or so. I hope your friend gets the care and support she needs. Fibromyaglia and IC are definately not any fun when you can't get pain control, been there and it's rough. Hugs for support.

Sincerely
    Tracy K.
    Love from far away,
    Tracy K

Fibromyalgia 2004
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Chronic UTI's (ongoing)

Tracy thanks for the info.I think I will ask for this trigger point too.I have had a very hard year with everything I have going on.
    Thanks.Take care all and may you all be as pain free as possable.
    Love, Zookeeper Kim

Animals are very comforting when
    pain & life gets you down...

Keep your head held high and don't let any thing bring you down.

Thread Information