Latest Blog Article: New Bladder Pain Treatment In Development - IC Clinical Trial Seeks Women with Moderate To Severe Bladder Pain

Question E-Stim placement of Electrodes

Hi everyone!

I have started PT and love it!!! I have had 4 surgeries and my PT has found that my whole abdomen is congested with adhesions! Yuck! So, she has been doing some myofasial work and it feels great.

She also gave(lent) me an e-stim unit. So here's my question. Where do you all place the electrodes??? She told me a recommended placement to work the pudental(sp?) nerve. But she also gave me permission to play around with placement. So, can we do a quick e-stim survey and see where everyone else places their electrodes????

Thanks!!

Praying you pain-free days AND nights!

Cari
    2 Corinthians 12:9 God's grace is sufficient for me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for good and not calamity to give you a future and a HOPE.

You can probably call up my earlier posts on this, but right above the pubic hairline & inside of left ankle (vertically) worked well for me.
    IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal chord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

OK.....I get the pubic hairline part, but I am not understanding the inside left ankle. Can you please expand?? I really want to understand. I don't understand nerves or electricity very well yet.

Thanks!

Cari
    2 Corinthians 12:9 God's grace is sufficient for me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for good and not calamity to give you a future and a HOPE.

If you drew a line from your inside left ankle bone straight up your leg, I put one four fingers up, and then about four fingers down from the knee along the same line.
    IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal chord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

Thread Information