Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ICN Member

ky jelly problems?????

I was just wondering....if anyone else has a bad reaction to ky jelly lubricant? It seems like everytime i use that stuff i end up with a yeast infection. IF not a yeast infection then it just burns like i am on fire. Is it just me ?? maybe i am allergic? I read somewhere that it was better for people with IC to use astroglide intstead of Ky.........just curious to know if anyone else has this problem or has heard that ??
    thanks
    kristi ( gloriabono)

I've heard several stories about KY causing buring. Astroglide may be better for you. You can try it

My husband and I use a lube called Liquid Silk and I've never had problems with it. It is available online at Good Vibrations (http://www.goodvibes.com) or in the Sexual Health section of Drugstore.com (http://www.drugstore.com). Also, if you shop in the lube section at Good Vibrations, they have a Lube Sampler Pack with small trial sizes of about 8 different lubes -- you may want to get that. That way, you can try a bunch of them and see which ones work the best for you.

Good luck
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

If you're getting actual yeast infections after use, there are two possibilities --- your partner may be a carrier --- or the tube of lubricant may be contaminated. I buy the smallest size available so I start a fresh tube frequently.

Donna
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 11-08-2004 at 04:57 PM.
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

Sensitivity to condoms can cause problems too.
    Marilyn

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas Edison

I have not heard of the problem you are describing; I like to use Astroglide. It isn't sticky the way K-Y can be. Try some small samplers like suggested and see what you like best.

Jean

I did have burning problems with ky Jelly I tried the astroglide and still had same symptoms my uro suggested Uberlube and so far so good !
    Kelly
    To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
    I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Donna makes a good point. -My doctor warned me about the possiblity of the container becoming contaminated. She said to never take it from the tube directly to your hand, rather squeeze some out on another surface, like paper, than take it by hand from there.

I use KY jelly, but have often wondered if it isn't a source of irritation for me. Might be time for a change!

Vicki

I had similar problems with the KY Jelly and the KY Liguid. My boyfriend and I now use the KY Warming Liquid and I have no problems. When I try to use the other 2 I always have problems. I do notice that the warming effect does help and there are other brands that have come out with a warming type if you want to ditch the KY all together. Good Luck!!
    Liz

i tried ky warming liquid. it burned so bad! i guess everyone is different with products maybe.

I have the same problem with KY. Anytime I go to the gyno (who uses KY), I have to wash immediately when I get home, otherwise I get severely irritated/itchy down below or end up with a nice yeastie.

For personal use, we use a product called Eros and I've never had a problem with it
    The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up. -- Mark Twain

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. -- Robert Frost

I am starting to think that I might also get yeast infections from this KY I used to use. Now I use KY warming and i am fine so far!
    Liz

ICN Member
    Liz25,
    just curious but the ky warming stuff?? what does that feel like, without u getting to graphic.....i keep seeing it but since i seem to be having the KY problem i am kinda leery about it........
    kristi ( gloriabono)

IC Friend
    Have you tried astroglide instead of KY? It works better for me.

ICN Member
    no , but i plan on using it next or asking my doctor........but since i might be pregnant i may not need it anymore since i cannot take half the medicine that dries me out......
    but i know that ky is giving me trouble.......
    thanks
    kristi

Try using the Very Private Intimate Moisture. I use it every day all day long and during sex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information