Thread: New IC Friendly Foods
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM #1
New IC Friendly Foods
My sister Janice and I, with the help of Bev Laumann, have been working really hard to identify foods that are mostly organic, preservative free and IC friendly. We've now added several new foods to our shop that we're very excited about..... including:
Now Available at: http://www.icnshop.com
Breakfast Cereals - Perfect for patients who need extra fiber and/or are struggling with constipation.
- Kashi Good Friends High Fiber Cereal - an excellent source of fiber....
- Honey Puffed Kashi
- Nuts & Honey Old Fashioned Granola - doesn't get any simpler than this!
Soups - Just in time for the cold days of winter, we've found three new IC friendly soups that were recommended by IC diet guru Bev Laumann
- Pacific Organic Free Range Chicken Broth - Perfect as a warm drink or as the basis of a soup!
- Amy's Kitchen Organic Butternut Squash Soup - This is surprisingly flavorful. It has a light, sweet taste.. perfect with a dollop of sour cream or croutons.
- Amy's Kitchen Cream of Mushroom Soup - a staple in most kitchens!
Pear Jams & Jelly's - A Perfect Pear, based in Napa, California, makes a wonderful line of products that we fell in love with.
- Cinnamon Pear Jelly
- Cinnamon Pear Maple Syrup
- Pear Fig Jam
Rices & Beans
- Organic Basmati White Rice - When you're in a flare, rice is a reliable staple! This is very light, fluffy and has a nutty taste.
- Organic Green Split Peas - Did ya know split peas soup is IC friendly! Try cooking it with Aidells homemade apple sausages.
Honeys - If you're in a flare, the best hot drink is simply hot water & honey. We've found three flavored honeys that with a nice flavor.
- Creamed Honey Golden Peach
- Creamed Honey Red Raspberry
- Creamed Honey Cinnamon
Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Diana Brady CNC on alternative medicines. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/
- PERO is a new line "instant" low-acid herbal coffee that came highly recommended by an IC patient. This is our first "instant" coffee available.
Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!
Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.
11-02-2004, 02:55 PM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
I just had Kashi for dinner...good stuff...what about Kava? It's lo acid and instant coffee?????After suffering with IC for 40 years, my bladder was removed in Dec 05...YAY!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Melanie in forum Considering Pregnancy With Interstitial CystitisReplies: 2Last Post: 05-10-2013, 02:48 AM
By loram in forum What do you think causes Interstitial Cystitis?Replies: 4Last Post: 11-23-2009, 10:37 AM
By peegirl in forum General Diet QuestionsReplies: 12Last Post: 09-14-2004, 01:58 PM
By Mikki H in forum General Diet QuestionsReplies: 11Last Post: 06-21-2004, 05:58 PM
By Alyson in forum Prelief Acid Reducer for interstitial cystitisReplies: 1Last Post: 07-20-2002, 03:30 PM