Question Swollen Lymph Nodes Under Arm?

Hey everyone,
    I just wondered if anyone has experienced swollen lymph nodes during a flare? I seem to have it right before and after I have a flare...I wasn't sure if it was caused by something else or if it could be a symptom of IC...I'm still trying to figure out what is going on with my body! Thanks for listening!!
    Sara
    Rochester, NY :woohoo:

Hi, Sara. I can't say I've had swollen lymph nodes under my arms, but one of the lymph nodes around my neck is slightly swollen right now. It hurts if I touch it. I don't know what's going on either.
    I hope we can figure out what's up with us

Medical Conditions: interstitial cystitis, bipolar disorder (type I), hypothryoidism, tachycardia (chronic)

Other Occasional Health Problems: blepharitis and allergies

Current IC Treatments: just avoidance of triggers

Current BP I Treatments: Seroquel and lithium orotate

Current Thyroid Treatments: Natural Sources Raw Thyroid

Current Tachycardia Treatments: Metoprolol

Past IC Treaments:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen
    Hydroxyzine
    Elmiron
    Urocit-K
    pelvic floor therapy
    avoidance of flare-causing beverages

cystoscopy with hydrodistention
    Detrol LA
    MSM Sulfur Dietary Supplement
    Prelief
    Neurontin
    Pyridium
    adherence to the traditional IC diet

Elavil
    DMSO
    Ditropan XL
    Levbid
    & the herb dandelion, although the tea tasted good

ICN Member
    When your lymph nodes are swollen, it usually means your immune system is working overtime. It usually indicates a virus, such as the flu, etc., but I've also heard of a lot of women who have them swell up during their period. They can also swell up with a medication allergy. That's all I know on this subject.

If this is a new symptom for you, I suggest you call your doctor.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

Wink Swollen Lymph Nodes

Hi there SJCdmb. I suffer from swollen lymph nodes under my arms but I have Fibrocystic Breast Syndrome. Sorry to be so graphic and this is what causes mine to swell...my breasts are very lumpy and the swollen lymph nodes come from drinking alot of caffeine and hormone fluctuation and IC for me. I was told that fluctuation in hormones can cause these lymph nodes to swell and was told to take a high dose of vitamin E everyday to lessen the fibrocystic breast lumps and to reduce my caffeine intake which is also very bad for IC sufferers. I had a total hysterectomy when I was 28 so my swollen nodes come from the fluctuation in hormones, IC & currently my very weakened immune system.

It also like others have said can come from your immune system working over time. My doctor and uro explained to me and my husband that my immune system is working overtime to attack my bladder, it thinks that my bladder for some reason is a foreign object in my bladder so swollen lymph nodes in this respect are due to my immune system being in active over drive. I found out last week that my immune system is severly compromised right now. I had a hydro/cysto on 10/6/04 and immediately following had a sever bladder/kidney infection followed by the flu and now a severe sinus infection and bronchitis and my glands under my chin are swollen in addition to my lymph nodes in my under arms being swollen and very, very sore.

This is just my medical reasoning for this problem but I agree with Donna if this is a new symptom for you, you really should call your family physician and have him/her decide why you are suffering from this recent swelling.

I didn't mean to over burden you with my problems just wanted you to understand why I suffer from this painful and annoying symptom, too. I do believe I've read in my many IC books that this can be a symptom of IC but a quick check up with your doctor can either conclude this being an IC symptom or something else going on with your immune system.

I hope you find out what's causing your swollen lymph nodes, but relax somewhat as I said before I've read in numerous books on IC and other bladder disorders that this can be a "symptom" of IC.

Hope I didn't bore you to death with my reply. I hope you get the answers you're looking for and you're feeling better soon. Sending you a group hug for support!

~Tracy
    Love from far away,
    Tracy K

Current & Past Health Diagnosis(s)
    Currently suffering from 2nd Bladder Prolapse
    Interstitial Cystitis- March 2004
    Fibromyalgia 2004
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2005
    Severe Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Tension & Migraine Headaches
    Chronic/Severe Urinary Retention
    Numerous Endometriosis/Adhesions Removal Surgeries
    Pelvic Organ Prolapses (Uterus/Vaginal Walls, Bladder, & Rectum)
    Partial Hysterectomy 1997
    Ovaries Removed due to large cysts 1998
    Chronic UTI's (ongoing)
    Medtronic Interstim Unit removed after 5 months due to severe infection and unit was floating around in my lower back 2004

Never be ashamed to ask for help when you need it.

God will never give me more than I can handle, but sometimes I wonder if he lost track of what's he's dealt out here ???? I'm trying here

Thread Information