Latest Blog Article: IC Awareness Daily Fact #18 - Stress and IC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Pain in lower left side

Hello everyone,
    I'm in a flare right now and I'm also having pain in my lower left side. I don't know if it is IC or what? Does anyone else have this pain? I thought it might be my IBS but I had an appointment with my gastrologist yesterday and he didn't know what it was? He pushed on my sides and it hurt on both sides and in the middle by the time he was finished. I could use any suggestions.
    Thanks Linetta

Linetta,
    This may not be what you are experiencing, but I have had pains like that on both sides (mericfully they seem to alternate, I don't know what I would do if they came at the same time!) My pain is caused by ulcers in my bladder, they are called Hunn's or Hunts ulcers, I forget. Any how I feel like someone has got a hot knife going from my groin area and up and is twisting it. I can be fine one moment and then be on the floor the next. I definately sympathize, the pain can be indescribable. Good luck.
    Pamela Joy
    Pamela Joy

Maybe see another doc?

For me, it usually is a symptom of gas, but obviously that isn't the case here. I can think of other things it could be, but it would be blind guessing. I might go see my gp or gyn docs.

Hope it disappears on its own though!!

Myli

My pain is always on my right side. It usually feels like something is exploding. I think it is probbly related to IC though. You also could have cyst bursting or something. I hope you feel better. Chelsey

Exclamation

Linetta,

My advice is to see your GYN...make sure the office knows you are in pain. I went through this and had a fallopian tube issue.

Not implying that this is our problem, but I think with IC we tend to get blind sided sometimes. There are other causes for our discomfort we need to check out.

Feel better...been there, whatever the cause, it is painful.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, This Is My Story, 1937

It might be an ovarian cyst. I have had ovarian cysts before, and they are located in the lower left and right side. They can be very painful. Like Betsie said maybe it is time to see a GYN/OB??

Good luck.

Mel53H

That was where my most endo pain was. Do see a gyn....good luck. Hope you feel better soon.
    Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back! My hope story http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/katrina.html
    http://mandksales.net
    IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

carmelann@charter.net please contact me...I am here to help!http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ICinWI/ if your from WI please contact me!

I had a hysterectomy due to endo, so I don't have ovaries. I wonder if it could be scar tissue? It is so hard to know what pain goes with what. I just get so tired of going to doctors. I spent almost the whole day in the doctors office on Wednesday just to be told they didn't know what the pain could be. Thanks for all the support!!!

I get that pain all the time, reason why I began seeking help in the first place, and I dont have endo nor any cyst on my overies. I also have severe pain in my lower back when I get up in the morning and as the day goes on it let's up but is always there. They suggested at first it was my tilt uterus however that has let up a bit since I had my cysto/hydro done 3 weeks ago and now I have it on occasion. My gyno was the first doc I went to for that pain and he did all the test needed to verify that (test were done in oct last month) So he sent me to the uro to see if I have ic. Well turns out I do and I still have that pain. It's a cramping pain constently and then at times it moves to both sides or in the middle or all three. So I would have to say that it's your ic.
    Jan
    If at first you don't succeed try try again!!
    My Space

Diagnosed: Arthritis 2002 Arthritis Foundation
    Diagnosed: IC Oct 2004 ic-network
    Diagnosed: RLS Feb 2005 RLS Foundation Southeren California RLS Support
    And my favorite url WebMD
    Taking: Mirapex, Elmiron and DitropanXL

I suffered for a year with pain in the lower left side. Went to uro, gyno and every other "o" that would see me. Mine turned out to be Ulcerative Colitis. First, they treated me for IBS, but I continued to hurt. Did colonoscopy and found UC. Asacol has helped with the constant pain, but I still experience problems on a daily basis. The IC irritates the UC and vice versa. Good luck and don't give up - there is someone out there that will help us!

Lightbulb I'm pretty sure I can help here...

I had that same pain in those same locations and I too have had a total hyster and the pains ended up coming from adhesions (scar tissue) that grew from previous pelvic surgeries - so I'm assuming that's what it is. A general surgeon fixed my problem a few years back and for some reason about every 3-5 years I have to go in and get "cleaned out" cause those adhesions come and grow with any abdominal surgery you might encounter. Try calling your gyn and see if he'd be willing to go in laprascopically and look for adhesions otherwise try your MD and see if he can refer you to a general surgeon he might highly recommend. It's same day surgery, they go in with the laproscope and it's three-four small puncture sights on your belly, usually one on the left, one on the right, a belly button incision and one right above your pelvic hair line. PM me if you have other questions. Sometimes my pain was enough to double me over and have been having this pain off and on lately. Let me know how you come out. I'm a concerned IC friend, okay?
    ~Tracy K. Sending you an angel to watch over you -
    Love from far away,
    Tracy K

Current & Past Health Diagnosis(s)
    Currently suffering from 2nd Bladder Prolapse
    Interstitial Cystitis- March 2004
    Fibromyalgia 2004
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2005
    Severe Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Tension & Migraine Headaches
    Chronic/Severe Urinary Retention
    Numerous Endometriosis/Adhesions Removal Surgeries
    Pelvic Organ Prolapses (Uterus/Vaginal Walls, Bladder, & Rectum)
    Partial Hysterectomy 1997
    Ovaries Removed due to large cysts 1998
    Chronic UTI's (ongoing)
    Medtronic Interstim Unit removed after 5 months due to severe infection and unit was floating around in my lower back 2004

Never be ashamed to ask for help when you need it.

God will never give me more than I can handle, but sometimes I wonder if he lost track of what's he's dealt out here ???? I'm trying here

Thanks everyone for the advice. I guess I'll call my gyno. I hate having lapro. again. I've had soo many test this year. I'm so afraid the endometriosis has came back. When I had only 1 ovary left it came back and my ovary and falliopian tube fused together. I couldn't hardly walk. It hurt so bad!!!
    Again thanks for all the support.
    Linetta

I was just diagnosed and that is what started my path of problems. First i was diagnosed with IBS. Then i still had the same pains in the lower left area. I had everything from MRI's to CAT SCANS, blood work and been violated in many areas. I hate the sound of latex gloves now. So finally after all the poking and proding, my uro doctor told me that i have IC. I know how you feel. I've been through 4 doctors before my diagnosis. I would also try your gyno or perhaps another opinion from a doctor. I wish you luck. I'm in the same boat.

I have pain mostly in my right side (where the appendix is) but the left side seems to like to have its voice in the pain-o-meter. I am glad to hear that pain from what seems to be in the intestinal area can also be a sign of IC. I have been told by docs that people with IC only have pain centered around the bladder, but my theory is when your bladdar is hurting, everything around it wants to hurt too.
    I hope you feel better.

Hmm

Well, my experience says the doc who said that is quite wrong. Keeping the IC under control has pretty much reduced my pain and sure, it seemed to center around the bladder.... and the urethra.... and the colon.... and the genital area, even the surface regions hurt....

Myli

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information