PDA

View Full Version : Re::::: Tanning Bed

SusanB
08-08-2004, 08:02 AM
Could someone tell me if they have gone to a tanning bed, since they got the interstim??? How did it effect you?? Just asking its too soon for me to go after my surgery, it hurts when I lie on my hip. But I do want to go back.
HUGS
SUSAN B

aquafina
08-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Hey I went to a tanning bed after the permanent implant and had no problems.

Brooke

SusanB
08-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi Brooke,
Thanks sooooo much for letting me know. How long have you had your stim???
Hugs
Susan B

IcyAngel22
08-15-2004, 06:22 PM
I have had my interstim for over a year and it still hurts when I lay on it. My doc told me it would always be tender then due to the implant. I don't tan but if it hurts while you are in the tanning bed you might want to try the spray tanning booths. Most spas or full service salons.
Kristin

brianna81
09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Susan B,
I was told to wait a long time after your surgery to tand because it can cause the scar not to heal properlly and will stay very visable. I have had my interstim for almost a year and the scar is just now looking better. I took me a long time to be able to lay on my back. It is still very tender! and i can not lay on my right side for that is the side that they impanted into my butt cheek. I finally went tanning in july but found that the spray on was much easier an less painfull b/c you dont have to lay on your implant. I dont remember it hurting my IC or setting off a flare!
~Brianna~

SusanB
09-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks I have to wait until after the 30th. I have to be reprogrammed that day.
Yes I am senstive on my right side too.
Susan B

Peggy Anne
10-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Ok, I went and tanned with my interstim - and other than looking silly trying to get in and out of the bed, i was fine...good thing those rooms are private!