PDA

View Full Version : IC Doctor in NYC ?

KarenIC
10-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know of a really good IC doctor in New York City?

Thanks,
KarenIC

luvsterriers
10-06-2009, 03:52 AM
There is a Dr Robert Moldwin in Long Island. He's like the top in the country.

KarenIC
10-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Hi Anna,

Thank you for the information.

Take care,
Karen

KarenAnne
10-06-2009, 08:25 AM
This website & the ICA also have physician finder info.

Jo Jo
10-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Dr Moldwin is a fantastic doctor and I would def recommend.

shortstuff
11-04-2009, 07:28 AM
I suggest Dr. Moldwin. He is one of the most well known doctors for IC etc. I saw him for the 1st time this past Monday. He is the 4th doc I've seen and I wish I just went to him first. The first one I saw automatically went with IC and sent me into depression. Moldwin did not. He spent an hour with me and a physical therapist sat in on our appointment and released my PF muscles before I left. He suspects my issues are PFD and not IC (I pray to God that is the case b/c only time will tell if his treatment modalities work). I drove to LI from NJ because my 3rd doc was suggesting methods/treatments that Dr. Moldwin uses so I decided why not just go straight to the heavy hitter.

Good luck!

P.S. By the way, in NYC I saw Kim Cooper at Columbia Presbyterian. I doubted her diagnosis for a year and it turns out Dr. Moldwin agrees with her (at least based on the info we have right now). If you want someone closer, give her a try.

luvsterriers
12-30-2009, 03:55 AM
I may go see Dr Moldwin as well. I live about 5 hours away from his office, but do have family that live in NJ which is about an 45 min ride.

shortstuff
12-30-2009, 08:00 AM
I would make the trip. I just saw him for the 2nd time the other day. It took two years and four doctors but I finally was diagnosed with urethral syndrome. It's not what I wanted to hear but the past few docs were saying it's nothing, PFD, vulvodynia and it wasn't. Best of luck to you and may someday all no longer suffer anymore.

luvsterriers
01-03-2010, 09:47 AM
shortstuff

Do you live in NJ or NY?

shortstuff
01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I live in NJ in Essex County. Theoretically it should take me 50 minutes if everything went perfectly, but it's more like an hour and 15 to hour and a half. I have tried going over the GWB and also going through midtown Manhattan. It really didn't make a difference timewise but midtown was frustrating. If you decide to go just try to schedule sometime between 10-3 to avoid the worst of the traffic. That's my 2 cents and my strategy! Hoping you all the best. I would definitely go to see him if you are visiting the area.

luvsterriers
01-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Essex County...I think I know where that is. That's NE NJ, where Newark is? My relatives live in Somerset Co.

shortstuff
01-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Yes, Newark is part of Essex County. I hope you make it to Dr. M. Keep us posted!