PDA

View Full Version : Coffee at Starbucks

janelle77362
04-07-2004, 07:59 AM
I love to go to Starbucks with my friends and just talk and drink coffee. Does anyone know if they have a low or no acid coffee that is friendly for IC patients?
:hmm:
Thanks,
Janelle

Ratchada
04-07-2004, 09:24 AM
I have heard from a friend they have a low-acid espresso with lots of hot milk. It is worth a trip to find out. I'm going this afternoon. Ratchada

alana rose
04-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi!
I manage a Starbucks-espresso is low in acidic (it is what we use in all of our beverages at the bar-lattes, cappuccinos) Also we have coffee of the day that we brew. Some of the coffees are low in acid. Ask the barista that is serving you...if they are unsure have them ask another, we have all of the info in our resource books. Also we have decaf coffee for every drink you would like-including frappuccinos. I drink decaf espresso (in lattes....) If you would like to cut down on the amount of espresso shots in your beverage-just mention it to your barista. I drink single (one shot instead of two) grande lattes. If you want a tall (which has one shot) just ask for a half-shot tall latte. If you have any other questions please ask-I love to help:hi:

Just let me know if you want a list of the least acidic coffees that we sell-I would be happy to foward it to you.
alana:dogrun:

janelle77362
04-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Alana,
That would be great! I go at least once a week but don't want to cause myself any grief. My email address is leejanelle@sbcglobal.net.
Thanks for all your help. :kiss:
Janelle

Ratchada
04-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. If it is not too much trouble. I would love the Starbuck's coffee list. Here is my e-mail: katheri267@aol.com (Ratchada)

kadi
04-08-2004, 05:11 PM
I've only tried this once, but it worked & no flare! I got the smallest size nonfat latte made with half the normal amount of decaf coffee. I ate a scone with it to further dilute any acid. And took 2 or 3 prelief tablets...

No problem although I felt a little weird sensation in my stomach. Wondered if the prelief was foaming in there??? :biglaugh:

No complaints from my bladder though & that's what I want to keep happy:D

SheriG
04-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth. I do ok with the caramel frappachinno (which I love ) but even more than that, I love the toffe almond bars...probably a zillion calories in that little treat, but yuuummmmm, a nice treat on a bad day!:grouphug:

Alexa
04-09-2004, 04:07 PM
I'd also be interested in the levels of acidity in Starbucks coffee. I have Starbucks every morning (what can I say?? I'm a west coast girl!) :D

Thanks,
Alexa

PS. Kadi.. I was just wondering why a scone would decrease the amount of acidity in a coffee? Thanks! (Sorry if I misunderstood your post)

kadi
04-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Hi Alexa,
Just figured that having more in my stomach dilutes the coffee further. Don't know for sure, just a guess. Not that I need much encouragement to eat a cookie or a scone...

Donna, do you find the low acid coffee you get by mail is better for your IC than Starbucks? Or is the mail order thing for convenience?

Cheers!

RoxyGirl
04-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi Alana,

I was wondering if you could please email me the low acid coffees. I would really appreciate it. I am an official Toffee Nut Frappuccino ADDICT!!!!!! It is really becoming a serious problem for me........

Thanks,

Christy chm72173@carolina.rr.com
:D

tillysav
04-11-2004, 01:41 PM
THAT'S IT!!!!! Can't take anymore of this coffee talk. If there is a coffee out there that I can drink - I gotta know what it is. NOW! and I mean yesterday! I haven't had a cup of coffee since being dx'd 12/03. Tired of sniffing my husband's coffee. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :bow:

lotsofgirls
04-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Tilly,
that's the first good laugh I have had in a long time, thanks!
Cath:kiss:

cookie707
04-13-2004, 06:50 AM
When I'm not in a flare I have decaf espresso from Starbucks. I by it by the bag and have them grind it for me and I use it in my coffee maker just like you would regular coffee. I only use 1/2 the amount of espresso as I would for coffee though. Also, if you want to drink just plain coffee at Starbucks, you can ask for a Decaf Cafe Americana...which is only espresso and hot water! You can add your own cream/sugar as you desire. I usally tell them to only fill it 3/4 full and then fill the other 1/4 with hot water to dilute it further. It has so much flavor, you won't miss that 1/4! Hope this helps someone!

kadi
04-13-2004, 07:31 AM
This thread has cheered me up more than anything else IC-related I've seen in a long time!!! Thank you to all of you! :cat:

adm
08-13-2012, 04:39 PM
I love to go to Starbucks with my friends and just talk and drink coffee. Does anyone know if they have a low or no acid coffee that is friendly for IC patients?
:hmm:
Thanks,
Janelle

I just asked today if they knew which had less acid, light roast or dark? They didn't know, but thought that dark probably had less acid, since it has less caffeine as well. I had been drinking Starbucks decaf expresso, but thought maybe another roast would have less acid. What I noticed was that when I was using Trader Joe's decaf French Roast, my symptoms were worse than with Starbucks coffee.