PDA

View Full Version : For burning - baking soda or Prelief? Or both?

Roandro
07-01-2008, 06:38 PM
I've been doing the baking soda thing - about 3 tspns a day in about 3 or so quarts of water - that is one tspn per qt. - to stop the burning feeling when I "go."

This works fine for me and is getting me over the hump of a little bladder problem. I've been doing this for about a week but when I cut back - the burning starts to come back, too.

I, also, do the wash bottle while urinating which helps a LOT.

My question is - would taking Prelief be better than the above regimen?
Say I took 3 Prelief with every meal - do you think this would have the same effect as the baking soda water which is hard to take, logistically, and tastes pretty bad.

In other words - would they have the same effect in the bladder - to de-acidify it?
Thanks.

justice4j
07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Hi,

Be a little bit careful with baking soda - if you look on the box, it can be used as a LAXATIVE as well....don't know if you want that effect or not.

It will work as a laxative if you take enough of it to overly alkalinize your blood pH.

I take 4 Prelief at a time many times several times a day. PM me and I'll give you the site for the best deal I've found for Prelief. If I post it here, it will get edited out for advertising.

When you get the bad burning, Baking soda really helps. Just be careful that it doesn't become a laxative if that is not the desired effect.

Hope that helps.

dyno
07-02-2008, 01:18 AM
You also have to watch the sodium intake when using baking soda. It can be a bad thing for people with high blood pressure.

ICNDonna
07-02-2008, 02:46 AM
It's not usually a good idea to take baking soda regularly. Prelief works well for me with meals and I take Tums for the calcium, which helps. Be sure to ask your doctor about taking that much soda --- it's a lot to be taking.

Donna

Roandro
07-02-2008, 07:44 AM
I did have cramps and diarrhea the other night but I attributed it to a greasy sandwich I ate while out shopping.

Hmmmmm....maybe it was the baking soda.

I think I'll cut back to 1/2 tspn each bottle.

Thanks for your help!