PDA

View Full Version : grapes?

NyAngela
05-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I have not tried them yet 2 scared but why can't people have grapes with ic? and if u can have them is there a better color 2 try? I miss them soooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Thanx

jjt001
05-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I love grapes! But, sadly, they are a no-go for me, and I'm not super diet-sensitive. I can eat a lot of things many others cannot (chocolate, fresh tomatoes). However, I have found consistently that grapes increase my frequency like crazy. Unlike citrus, they do not seem to cause pain, but if I eat grapes I am constantly in the bathroom. Same with plums. Several times I've forgotten, eaten some grapes, then wondered why I was going to the bathroom so much.

We are all so different with this, it's just hard to say. Good luck!

Oh, and I should note that my symptoms are very well controlled with Elavil, and I can eat a lot of things I couldn't before, but grapes still give me frequency.

amartaingirl
05-03-2008, 01:31 PM
i have mild ic.
i am ok with grapes...plums...blueberrys...strawberrys..bananas

ive only tried the green grapes
just had a few..a little bit ago

if i were you...i would try a couple..and see what happens

i find that...food flares...are easily reversed for me....with baking soda and water...and holding it in...

so..i try not to be afraid...and let the disease control me
i try it...and see what happens

evidently that is the only way to know

NyAngela
05-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Thank u I can also have a lot of things like vinger how odd but pills only help with strong urges i am on enblex.. i use 2 have too pee like 20 times be4 bed and now 1-2 times and i never had pain., I did try mangos and i was ok with them. why do grapes cause issues anyways?? I may just try them!!

Katief1976
05-08-2008, 08:43 AM
I eat red grapes, with no problems. I also eat raisins too without a problem.

motherof4
05-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I personally can not have raisins or any dried fruit for that matter,I get intense pressure on my bladder.....

ABliske
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I had some red grapes today. So far I'm okay. Tomato sauces had really put me over the edge though. So, it's interesting some people can have tomato but not grapes. hmmmm
I had my grapes with blueberries and honeydew which are supposed to be okay. I guess that's better than a whole ton of grapes. The diet still has me at a loss sometimes. I've been experimenting with things for about a year. I haven't gone as far as to try citrus or more than a slice of apple. I hear you on the missing foods!!!!

NyAngela
05-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Yea i love fruit i use to eat so much grapes per day. YUMMY.. I can have apple. I miss a lot of foods. i'm italian and use 2 love italian food!!

Quinn24
05-09-2008, 05:51 AM
I cannot eat grapes either. Eating a few is okay but if I were to sit down with a few bunches and eat while watching tv that would not be a good thing and I used to love eating grapes, that was my favourite fruit to snack on and easy to take to work etc.:cat:

Claredale
05-09-2008, 06:24 AM
I can eat green grapes. I am not a fan of any of the other varieties, but not strawberries or anything that is citrus.

T83

mary124
05-09-2008, 06:25 AM
I can eat a handful-- but that is my problem!! I can't!! Love them! So--- if I want them I have someone else bring me just a little bit and I will be ok with it.

jessied
05-09-2008, 06:46 AM
I can eat a few at a time any more then I'm hurting. I like to freeze the grapes they are really good that way