PDA

View Full Version : What nerve block works for severe bladder pain?

Elizabeth C.
04-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I am considering all options at this point. My bladder burns like a sun, radiating pain in every direction. I have PFD, vulvar vestibulitis, cystocele and rectocele. I have ice packs on all day. Nothing is touching this pain. What have you heard might work?

I have already done ilioingual/cortizone nerve blocks 5 times and also had a ganglion impar. Any suggestions from my IC friends?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

chuchideb
04-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I began taking Lyrica 75 mg. 3x a day since november. It has significantly made a difference for me. Within 2 days I noticed a difference and knew it was helping my nerve pain. Before that I was taking nuerontin which also helped but not to the degree that Lyrica has. I am fortunate enough to get this medication at no cost to me from Phizer. Along with vicoprofen that I started about 6 weeks ago I have finally found much relief and my pain is under control. Lyrica has worked wonders for me. Good luck and I hope you find what works for you soon.

victoria/me
04-20-2008, 10:23 AM
So, this is a nerve block? Does it help with urgency and frequency? Those are my only symptoms. I got my doctor to prescribe Clobetasol this past week, but I haven't felt a difference. Someone mentioned PNE and Vestibulitis, then steroid cream to help. Would lyrics be better suited for urgency and frequency?

irishnan3
05-28-2008, 07:18 AM
I have been away for awhile, feeling so bad and down that I haven't wanted to use the Lap Top... Going on today was in hope of finding info. about nerve blocks and how people responded to it.
I had the Block 2 weeks ago yesterday. It was for a combination of BLadder & severe back & leg pain. ALong with my IC I suffer with herniated disc's L 4-5 and I just misreable. The block didn't help with the pain for either problem. All it did is cause my heartbeat to go erratic and put me back in the hospital for a day. They tell me that some of the Steroid that they used seeped out on the enjection hole and went through my blood-stream. Well I am still jumping out of my skin... I don't know what to do. I'm waiting on the doctor to get back to me. I feel like I have downed 20 cups of coffee. I can't sleep and feel like I have a lump in my throat. When I talked with the nurse today she said that it was a side effect from the steroid and not to do anything till the dr. gets back to me. Has this happen to anyone out there? help:

victoria/me
05-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi Irishnan,

I haven't had any nerve blocks before; but, I know the feeling of not wanting to do anything, even get on the computer. I wish I had some kind of information to give you. Is there anything that calms you? Like tea, or something? I hate when my heart beat gets weird. It's scary. I hope you feel better very soon. And, I'll pray for you tonight. Promise.
Bye
Victoria

irishnan3
05-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the Prayers I can always use them. The Doctor called in Ativan for me this AM. He said that the Steroid could have started the palpatations with my heart, but it should be out of my system by now. He explained that once anxiety is started it is hard to get a grip on it. But thanks again for the Prayers.

Taramc
07-03-2008, 03:45 AM
Lyrica has also helped me, a lot.

DebbieD
07-04-2008, 11:36 AM
I had a S2 Nerve Block done in the Early 90's and that is where they Make an incision and cut the 2 main nerves to hlp to control my bladder Pain. But that surgery didnot work for me.

DebbieD

Shug60
09-17-2008, 07:51 AM
treatments totally healed me for 15 years.........THEN, I had an Inguinal Nerve Block from an injury and I've been in hades ever since. Just had Hydro month ago, it made it worse.

The only thing I've found to help is TRAUMEEL (has Belladonna in it), valium (a little) and the soda water thing.

I CANNOT, CANNOT believe I'm back here from a nerve block...........be very, very careful with them. It has caused me to lose my 15 year remission.

Does anyone happen to know of a Gyno-Urologist directory. Trying to find one in Mississippi.