PDA

View Full Version : False positive drug test

aantol73
12-11-2007, 09:12 AM
I was just wondering if anyone in pain management has come back positive for THC when they have NEVER used pot???

Thank you

Claredale
12-11-2007, 09:28 AM
No, I have had several drug tests with working at a bank and where I do now for my pre-employment screening. Never tested positive for pot. never even smelled it except for when my hubby and I went to a Barry Manilow concert over 20 years ago! LOL! The older lady and her 2 sons had a great time! LOL.

BrittanysDance
12-11-2007, 09:37 AM
no, I cant say they have, but I do know they have to specifically be screening for it to catch it (along with any other drugs they screen for). Sort of like Opium - if you eat Poppy seed muffins or any poppy seeds, it can render a false-positive drug test - but only for specific ones. THC can stay in your system for several weeks. My pain management place does urine AND hair samples per their contract (they've never done a hair sample yet..but..its on the contract) - that way hair you cant "wait it out" - its there regardless. I dont know if any other pain management places have that stipulation in theirs, but mine does. They are very serious when it comes to "outside" influences.

You can request they do another screening if you are positive they are in error, however if it comes back positive again then you'll have to answer some tough questions from your pain doctor, so be sure you are prepared for that. It could be human error on their behalf so I'd be adamant to have the test repeated to ensure you do not lose your pain medication. Are you on any type of herbal meds at all? Sometimes these can have herbs in them that conflict...its best to bring every single thing you are on with you to your pain management appointment before you take the next test and say "here - this is what I'm taking now and when I took the last one....so if it comes up positive again - please tell me if any of these are the culprit." Other than that..I havent a clue.

Good luck sweetie,
Brittany

ansamnaoum
12-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Hello,
I suggest you look online yourself and don't count on the doctor finding it. I've seen enough from many doctors and I can't trust anyone.
try to search online for "THC false positive", or better, you can try searching every single thing you take (example, if you take naproxen, search for "naprosen flase positive THC" and so on.. and after you find it take it all to your doctor and show him.

I looked up a little and I found this:

THC - Substances or Conditions which can cause false positives:
Dronabinol (Marinol)
Ibuprofen; (Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Excedrin IB etc)
Ketoprofen (Orudis KT)
Kidney infection (Kidney disease, diabetes) Liver Disease
Naproxen (Aleve)
Promethazine (Phenergan, Promethegan)
Riboflavin (B2, Hempseed Oil)

http://www.passyourdrugtest.com/false-positives.htm

also I got some links about Protonix (an acid reducer medicine) and false positive THC, but I couldn't open them.

if you want help searching you can try sending me a list of everything you take and we can try work on it

Hope you get it solved soon.
Ansam

Babs RN
12-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Protonix can also cause a false positive.

Hugs,
Barb:hi: