PDA

View Full Version : Vagina is burning (not yeast or uti)...any suggestions for relief?

mom_in_ma
09-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Wise folks...my vagina is on fire. It's not a yeast infection, nor is it a UTI. It's likely a flare from PT (some internal trigger point work). That said, what are your best suggestions for finding a bit of relief? Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

leelee88
09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
First of all water, water, water. The next thing I suggest if you are not already is to stay strictly on the IC diet while you are flaring. And tums always sems to help reduce the the acid which in turn helps with the burning. I would also suggest you call and get your dr to write you a script of Lidocaine Gel, I do not no what I would do without it when I am burning. Im sure some others will have some more tips.. Remb also if possible use filtered water, some tap water might have chemicals in it and that will also cause you to burn.. Good luck..:angel:

Katrina
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
If it is from PT than I suspect is PFD. Alternate heat and cold, take a bath, breath deaply, chamomile, do rescue instillation since that can help get the muscles to relax too, focus as much as you can on relaxing....and I suggest asking your PT for a prescription for lidocaine gel to help you with with post therapy PFD flare after therapy!! :grouphug:

izazen
09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Avoid baths and take luke warm showers.

Whenever you urinate, pour a bottle of room temp water over your genital area as you "go." Just keep an empty bottle by the toilet and fill it either the last time you went or before you do so next time.

Its very cooling.

Also, after your shower, run cool (but not cold) water over your genital area.

Sleep with no undies and try to go without them as much as possible.

ICNDonna
09-12-2007, 05:20 PM
If they used any kind of lubricant for the therapy, it may be it is a problem for you. When you have your next session, you might ask if they can try something different.

Donna

kjd
09-13-2007, 02:21 AM
I get this too and I recommend aloe vera gel kept in the fridge and using that. My doctor recommended it to me two years ago and I cant live without it now!!!

Elle
09-13-2007, 03:03 AM
I use Band-Aid Hurt Free Wash all the time for stuff like this. It's on the aisle with the neosporin. It's actually used for cuts & scrapes, but feels works wonders for burning, and it's OTC so you don't have to wait on your Dr. It has lidocaine in it and is very cool when you squirt it on. I use probably a bottle every few days when things are bad and don't know what I'd do without it! Be sure to pay extra & get the Band-Aid brand and not the generic. I've found that the generic doesn't seem to work as well. Hope you get relief soon! :)

charmedx3
09-13-2007, 04:45 AM
ice, lidocaine gel, off your feet always helped me. i had my cervix removed due to prolaspse and since then (knock on wood) no more burning! . good luck!

hoping4acure
09-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Lidocaine helps me when that happens after PT. I have one spot that burns all the time. I am on my 12th session with my PT and she has released the musclel some what, but still tight as heck.

Good luck..

Julie B
11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
People are all giving you great ideas, including Donna's. I have problems with a lot of gels, lubes, stuff, "down" there.

I also swear by Epsom salts baths and chamomile tea. The good news is that they are cheap fixes for me.

Good luck,

Julie

neferte
11-06-2010, 04:04 AM
I feel as if I am on fire. So far the desitin seems to help but is there something else that isn't so messy:confused::cussing::confused:

425runner
04-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm suffering from the same thing right now! Took a walk this morning, my vagina hurt so bad - everything around there look red, inflamed. I've been pouring luke warm water on the area after I pee, even put an ice pack, and go without undies as much as I can, it's been going on for 2 days now.

What is this?? Not a yeast infection and not an UTI, but it burns like hell and it hurts to pee. Is this common with IC? :hmm:

Mothergoose
04-24-2011, 06:26 AM
i have found a couple of things have worked well for me.

first as mentioned no undies and loose cotton bottoms at home, mens boxers, or cotton pj bottoms.

i bought from a pharmacy a jar of the base they use when making medicated ontiments, you can buy it in a big jar at costco, has no preservatives or additives etc. can't remember the name right now but can get it if you want it, i think it is called galaxo base, but not sure.

i got a rx for rx hemoriod ont, it works well, it has bit of ab's, freezing, antiinflmitory, all theses work well on inflammed skin in this area. but needs to be the rx kind, the otc has stuff in it that can make you worse.

a pfd therapist said to use slippery stuff as a lube, i find it less irritating than others.

i also went back to using just plain ordinary tide laudry soap.

hope some of these suggestions work for you.

mg

gatorgal
04-24-2011, 06:28 AM
Did your PT use a lubricant? Every lube I have tried causes my vagina to burn. My doc said these lubes can effect the ph/flora of the vagina and suggested plain yoghurt in the vagina/ vulva. I tried that along with atarax( antihistamine) and after 6 weeks the pain was gone. I now apply plain yogurt once a week as a preventative measure. Of course, consult your doctor first.