PDA

View Full Version : White tissue in urine last night? what is it???

stacyY
03-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone;
Just a quick question, yesterday night, when going pee, i was haveing a hard time going, and i had to really strain even though though i had a lot of presure to go.
Finnaly, i was able to go. But when i finished i noticed a large piece of white tissue, I think it was blocking it so i couldnt go potty.
Do any of you have that experaince? I have seen it before also. but it was not that big before. I think it must be the tissue of the bladder lining?? Is it something to worry about passing?? The last time i had a bladder infection, and doing a urine test, i saw a small strand of the white tissue. But this was the size of a nickel or around that size.
I am not sure to contact my doctor on this issue also? Any surgestions??
thanks stacy

lnseagraves
03-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I have never had that happen to me, but that doesn't mean much. I would call your doctor though. Thats just something I would ask him over the phone.

leelee88
03-17-2007, 02:38 PM
I have heard of many IC patients say that they have white tissue in thier urine..I would talk to a dr about this though..

GriffsMommy
03-17-2007, 02:48 PM
My uro told me that I had a lot of debris in my urine when I gave him a sample but it's not big enough that I can actually see it.

TerriT
03-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I had the same flimy tissue in my urine and have been told it is the gag layer of my bladder sluffing off. I had wondered what it was when it was happening but didn't know what it was until I was diagnosed with IC. I wonder if this was made more public that maybe some people would get treatment before the gag layer was completely gone. Maybe if they caught it at the start they might be able to reverse the damage.

mich2604
03-17-2007, 04:37 PM
I have this too on and off. My NP said it is the layer of my bladder because of the IC and because i was in a flair.

Just as my IC hit me I had a white glob like you describe and also that pressure feeling, never did get an answer to what it was.

I would call your dr and ask.

stacyY
03-17-2007, 06:33 PM
A big thanks to you all!. I am deffinatly going to give them a call on monday. I have been in pain for a flair since last sat night. Just this last day feeling better. But i am having surgery on april 2nd, so i think is good to tell her now.
Hope you all are doing well.
take good care of you!!!
stacy

Moonheart
03-17-2007, 09:31 PM
I have that periodically as well, and finally learned after I was diagnosed, that it is the lining of my bladder.

It was very severe after my cystohydro, and I can only guess that it really tore off the layers of my bladder to have it stretched so much. :(

stacyY
03-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Ohh thanks for that info. I was thinking thats what it is. But wasnt 100% sure,lol I Mean it cant be to many things,lol since it happends when you pee.lol.
I havent had my cystohydro yet, not till april 2nd, :confused: Which leaves me to wonder why on earth it happends when i havent had the procedure done. Im sureit cant be good news thats for sure. Plus i have been taking an antibiotic for 3 months now. Have to take it for 6 months, becausse i was getting infections every other week. thats when i noticed the 1st time the white tissue. But after 3 months on it, i havent had one sice, and till this past week been feeling better as far as my bladder is concered.
I did have a few months though of my Endo flarring up. But that seems to be better. Its kind of scarry to think my bladder lining is falling apart like that in big chunks though.. I am wondering now when I had the Freeze up and wasnt able to pee for a full day if that was a reason why. Or maybe when they used the large catheder in the ER cos it hurt realy bad, if that is what started it.
All this is still new to me even though I been diagnosed now for little over a year. I cant keep up with all this. Its always somthing. I just which it jsut stop and go away for once.
Trying to find a job this month and not haveing any luck at all. But then ther eis only 2 weeks left and htne i have to have surgery. How to sstart a new job and say ohh yeah by the way i have this bladder condition, and i miss work all the time,a nd ohh yeah haveing this surgery and im sure its going to throw me into a flare up a few days latter, so ill be missing a week or 2. Yeah like anyone is going to hire me.
I litterly at the moment have 38$ to my name,but now i have to get refills, so I will be down to 35$. But then this coming week, i have to drive to the doctors, which is about 40 mins one way, pay co-pay for the doc and then gas is gone in the car AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know what to do any more. I filed for disability, but will be months before hearing about that. My family cant help me they cant pay their own bills. No idea what to do any more...I tried for unemployment when i lost my job. I am 550$shor of income to recieve benifits. The state makes you be low income, then when you loose your job, you cant get help,go figure. Isnt life so fun!:bonk:
Anyways every take good care fo your selves.
stacy

jen74
03-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Hi Stacy.
Sorry you are having a rough time. I also am having a terrible time. I think I may have another UTI also(just got over one a couple weeks ago). I also just got my period and have a terrible flu virus on top of all that and my bladder had been in a flare for days. It seems it never ends.

I also get those white things in my urine all the time. I never mentioned it to my doctor. I will when I see her next though. I think it is just the top layer of skin that sloughs off due to all the inflammation. It is getting rid if that skin and constantly trying to heal itself.

I hope things pick up for you soon Hon.
Jen

Berkshire Road
03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Stacy -- Have you looked into whether you are eligible for food stamps? That would at least give you a little breathing room. That is such a horrible position to be in -- to poor to live, but too well off for public assistance. This country is really crazy with the way we treat our own citizens.

I don't think you need to worry too much about the white debris. My doctor said it is not the gag layer itself coming off. I'm sorry I don't remember what he said it was, because it only happened to me one time and I never asked again.

Anyway, good luck to you. I hope you can find some kind of assistance. Have you tried private organizations that help the poor? I know it's so hard to deal with all these issues when you're in pain, but you have to get something to live on! Wishing you very good luck with all your problems!

stacyY
03-21-2007, 05:31 AM
Thanks, Yeah i do get the food assistance already, and the medical assistatance. But thats all i am qualified to get. Thanks for your kind words.
stacy