PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else - Pain worse when standing or walking?

KathiB
01-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Does anyone else have pain that significantly worsens when standing and/or walking? After 45 minutes of walking (usually when shopping) my pain level increases so much I have to sit down & take a break or else just go home. It seems to me like general pelvic pain & achiness, sometimes into my inside thighs, and I feel like my insides are going to fall out.

Does anyone else have similar pain? Is it truly IC/bladder related pain or is it something else in the pelvis?

ICNDonna
01-16-2007, 08:12 AM
I do better if I'm walking at a reasonable speed; if I'm walking very slowly (like shopping) or standing still, I definitely need to sit for a few minutes before I can continue.

Donna

SandyRN
01-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I feel like that when I do a lot of walking too. I try and use the shopping cart like a walker sometimes in the grocery store as it helps me to have something to help support me. Eventually you'll figure out how much you can stand, walk, shop, etc before the pain gets to be too much. Just try and pace yourself as much as you can and don't overdo it.

Sandy

meme
01-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I have that too. I know exactly what you mean when you said it feels like your insides are going to fall out! That's the worst. I usually do okay, but if I'm in a flare just taking a single step is like torture! At the same time though, I can't sit very long either w/out it bothering me. Have to keep switching positions all day to be comfortable.

Kirs10
01-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Those are the exact symptoms....there are alot of times when I am just walking around cleaning the house or anything and my insides feel like they are gonna fall out. And the pain is there too I also use carts to lean on when I am shopping. That seems to help alittle. I work at a hospital and am walking alot and getting up and dwn out of chairs alot and that really seems to make the pain and the feeling that my insides are falling out much worse.
I am on alot of meds and they don't seem to be working that well.
It is nice to know that I am not alone in my pain........thank you.