PDA

View Full Version : Having cramps and spotting after hysterectomy

Cheries
08-14-2006, 05:52 PM
. Did this happen to any of you? My doctor explained that it might, as I have kept my cervics. I think it is more likely related to the fact that I forgot to change my estrogen patch for 8 days (instead of every 3). In the past when I would do that I would get a horrible period. I guess this little cramping is no big deal, it is just strange after having my uterus out. I am only 5 weeks post op. My breasts are also extremely sore, so I am think it is hormonal. I asked the doctor to do a complete pannel on me to see where my hormones were.

Please let me know of similar experiences.

Katrina
08-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Spotting I had...and boy was my bladder flaring!!!! I expected those two things. I have not ever taken estrogen though so can't speak well to what is normal. Have you asked on the hystersisters site? I don't recall my breasts hurting.

HOpe you feel better soon!! I hope you have talked to your doctor about it? :grouphug:

dg2901
08-15-2006, 04:26 PM
If you retained your cervix and ovaries, then its possible to experience whats known as a mini-period due to uterine cells being present within the cervix. Its also normal, if you kept the ovaries, to go through the monthly PMS symptoms.
With that said, if youre only 5 weeks post-op the spotting youre seeing might just be the normal part of healing.

take care
diana

Cheries
08-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for your replies. I saw my doctor yesterday. He wants to wait and see what happens.

He did say I might get a little spotting by keeping the cervix, but he said nothing about the cramping!! If I knew that, I think I would have taken it out!! Hopefully this will all go away in a few days like it normally would. I'm starting to get some bladder symptoms from this and I did notice some PMS symptoms. (Could have been the loss of estrogen since I forgot to change the patch.)I am in some serious pain, although I am on two duragesic patches right now post operatively.

I will try the hystersisters site.

Thanks for always being there guys!

sami4a
08-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Did the Doc expect that you would continue to have spotting from the cervix or is it just something temporary? Did they leave your ovaries?
If I had a Hysto I always thought I would have the same type as yours because I feel it is less traumatic to the nerves and bladder. I never considered I might have spotting?
Sammie

icnmgrjill
08-26-2006, 12:51 PM
There is an awesome website, www.hystersisters.com, for women who are struggling with deciding to have a hysterectomy or who have had one. 65,000 members and a great site manager. I recommend getting involved in that community too!

Jill

sami4
12-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Cheries:
Would you please get in touch with me? Your mailbox is full and will accept no new posts. www.sami4esp@aol.com