PDA

View Full Version : How many people urinate at least every 15 minutes or can?

wambagirl27
04-18-2006, 11:43 AM
I was just curious to how many people with IC urinate at least every 15 minutes or can if they want, like me?
curious about statistics...
Thank Yaw

Imustpee
04-18-2006, 12:28 PM
I could...before I had my surgery...the final straw was I saw my uro on a Friday at noon and I saw him again Monday at noon, and through that time frame I peed 272 times....that's when I really pursued bladder removal...

Briza
04-18-2006, 03:20 PM
I can go every 15 minutes on any day. But I drink lots of water now, it seems to keep the urine diluted and less irrititating, so I just wait and go about every hour or so, because I really need to, not just because I feel like I need to.

jmcraig
04-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I too on most days go every 15 to 30 minutes. And I am guilty of not drinking lots of fluids with the fear that I will have to go more often than that!! I just had cysto/hydro 2 weeks ago so I am praying that will start to work soon so I can go back to every hour!!

Eccles
04-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I need to urinate at least every 15 minutes, even at night. If I don't go when I 'need' to, my urethra goes into incredibly painful spasms. I hardly dare leave the house.

ChrissySunshine
04-18-2006, 05:25 PM
When I'm flaring bad, I go every 15 minutes. On average, I pee every hour.

Pernie
04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm about the same as ChrissySunshine. During a flare every 10 to 20 minutes. A good day every hour to an hour and a half.

patricia1
04-19-2006, 03:56 AM
I also can and usually do go anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes a day. If and when my Interstim acts right I might go every hour...

armslee
04-19-2006, 05:03 AM
I had been going every 30 minutes. Doubled my dosage of Vesicare last week and now I am up to once every hour.

I do however feel like I could go more often than that. Seems to me like the "urge" is always there in the back of my mind. But the Vesicare really helps me with triggers. I no longer wet myself when I do the dishes!

BellaTutu
04-19-2006, 05:57 AM
add me to the Pee alot crew - I go on average every 10-15 minutes. If I hold it long enough, I might make it 20-25 but by then I'm doing the "pee pee dance" :D

vm
04-19-2006, 06:48 AM
When my symptoms started I was going every 15-30 minutes. It was torture.

One thing that was helpful for me to keep in mind is to drink plenty of water - even though the impulse to restrict fluids is there. If you don't drink enough your urine becomes concentrated and that is even MORE irritating to your bladder - and could set you up for an infection. :(

IC SARAH-CPP
04-19-2006, 08:06 AM
I also go at least 2 times an hour, on a normal day. I do find that drinking lots of water helps dilute the urine but sometimes it makes it so I can't hold it until I get to the bathroom. That is always fun, being out in public and peeing on yourself!
Sarah

PlainJane
04-19-2006, 08:15 AM
I need to urinate at least every 15 minutes, even at night. If I don't go when I 'need' to, my urethra goes into incredibly painful spasms. I hardly dare leave the house.

Eccles,

You wake up to urinate every 15 minutes at night? What a nightmare!! :(

I wake up 6-8 times/night and I thought that was pretty bad. So sorry to hear about your sleep problem :(

Erica

sleepyangel30
04-19-2006, 08:21 AM
well with me it depends on my mood, how long i hold my urine or what i eat and drink. if my bladder get irritated by something i go every 5 or 15 mins and it sucks.

OhnoNotagain
04-19-2006, 08:51 AM
man... when I flare, I have to go LITERALLY every 2 minutes for two or three hours.

Otherwise, I pee every 45 minutes.

armslee
04-19-2006, 09:29 AM
I usually only get up 2 times a night. 3 if I am feeling really bad. I have more frequency during the day because I do drink water and herbal tea all day. The Hydoxizine and Vesicare keep me feeling really parched!

wambagirl27
04-19-2006, 03:14 PM
It's good to know i'm not the only one peeing my brains out! I pray every night that there will be a cure soon, hoping everybody else prays too!
Thanks for all replies!

Mrs. Burschman
04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm the weirdo on this board. I go about 5-6 times a day. I usually don't get up at all at night (knock on wood). I guess that just shows what variation there is in this stupid disease!

(Pain is my main problem.) :cussing:

Amy (Mrs. B)

wolfaleena
04-22-2006, 06:09 AM
yes, fellow sufferer, i go about every 20 minutes... if i don't heed the nudge to urinate then my bladder goes into spasms and i cannpt go and i start this awful retaining! then i have to self cath.. nightmare, isn't it! i am suffering terrible presently. wondering if anyone has tried simply using an indwelling catheter. (foley) it seems to me that it might give us some freedom. i self cath and it is not fun, but if the IC bladder could stand an indwelling cath.... why not?? anyone have any experience with this.. i would love to know..... i am on antibiotics because i self cath so -- the infection part should be covered, the irritation, though, i am not sure if it would aggravate the urethra, sphincter, bladder and all of that... Any thoughts or comments would be greatly welcomed
thanks all!

TexasHoney
04-22-2006, 08:04 AM
When I am not flaring ( which is very rare) I can about once an hour. When I am flaring it's like every 15-30 min. most nights I have to get up 2-3 times 5-6 during major flares.

Kara Isabel
04-24-2006, 02:42 AM
I noticed when keeping my log, I go usually every 45 min! Kinda strange. Course, flaring can make that worse!

If I have something to do, or someplace to go, I try not to drink but a few sips of water.........

snooks
04-24-2006, 01:02 PM
On a normal day with no flare I go about every hour...When I am in a flare I feel the need to go every 10 to 15 minutes...So yea I do think this is all part of IC...It stinks!!

Sher E
04-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Ok keep in mind I'm not diagnosed, but I only pee 2-3 times a day and that's if I'm drinking a lot. At night, maybe once in the early morning hours, but could hold it if I needed to. And that's only started since these symptoms started, otherwise I sleep the night through.

This is why the docs think I don't have IC.

No urgency, no burning, no frequency...just pain.

Mel53H
04-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Before IC medications(Elavil, Elmiron, and Detrol LA) I could go 2 or 3 times at night. With meds. I usually don't go until I wake up. During the day, I probably could go about every 1-2 hrs. If I drink water, which I usually do, then I go more often and that is with medication.

Kivlehen
05-07-2006, 01:48 AM
I could...before I had my surgery...the final straw was I saw my uro on a Friday at noon and I saw him again Monday at noon, and through that time frame I peed 272 times....that's when I really pursued bladder removal...
Ugh..I really feel for you..At my worst I went 25 times in one day.. Before my procedure, I was going a lot..& after urinating, I could still feel urine in me..& could feel the urine dripping into my bladder..Suicide was becomming an option, as I hardly got any sleep..I seldom have falir ups, but still have the pain..Certain foods still make me go..like 8 times in a HR..

Kivlehen
05-07-2006, 01:50 AM
Ok keep in mind I'm not diagnosed, but I only pee 2-3 times a day and that's if I'm drinking a lot. At night, maybe once in the early morning hours, but could hold it if I needed to. And that's only started since these symptoms started, otherwise I sleep the night through.

This is why the docs think I don't have IC.

No urgency, no burning, no frequency...just pain.
You only go 2-3 times a day?? No way you have IC..

tigger_gal
05-07-2006, 02:25 AM
pre interstim it was every 10 to 15 mins.. it got to where I had to get up an extra 1/2 hour earlier for work.. (not working anymore)
Now I go every hour or so.... but when I am flairing, stressed out or mad...
you mayas well hang a reserved seating sign over the porclin chair for me. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PlainJane
05-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Yesterday I started keeping track of what I eat and how often I go to the bathroom.

Yesterday I went to the bathroom 17 times during the day. I got up to pee 6 times during my sleep (that is with sleep medication too). For me getting up 6 times is pretty standard. It is usually anywhere from 6 - 10 times.

Many of those 17 trips to the washroom are of the "every 15 minute" variety.

Erica

green_the_fish
05-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Back when I first joined the boards, I used to go every 15 minutes. I had to stay home from school for over a week, since I obviously couldn't attend school that way. I went back when I got to the point that I could hold it for 40 minutes, since each class is 40 minutes long at my school.

curlycue
05-07-2006, 03:04 PM
I pee every 15 minutes, if I drink Soda its a nightmare? I can hold it for about 30 but after that my bladder feels like it going to explode? I hate it.

trytosmile
05-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh a good day, easily every 15 minutes. When I'm flaring, I live in the potty room !

jwisely
05-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I have been a member for about a week. I can go every ten minutes on a good day, and on bad days I feel like I have to go all the time, but nothing ever happens. Then there are the days tha I have a dry mouth and no matter how much water I drink, going to the bathroom makes me cry because Ican't.

:mad: :toilet:

Alex11
05-11-2006, 04:05 PM
I still laugh at all those "overactive bladder" commercials that say "if you go 8 or more times a day you may want to talk to your doctor about overactive bladder". If I only went 8 times a day I'd think I was cured... :-) Prior to elavil putting me to sleep at night I'd go at least 8 times a NIGHT.

curlycue
05-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Alex11,
I think its a joke. I take ambien at night and I still get up around 4 times a night and thats a good night, if I have sex forget it I am up all night.

AshleyM
05-19-2006, 08:28 AM
I definitely have days like that :( It's odd though...I think I do better during the day. I don't think about it as much. But nights are awful. That seems to be when I get the 'every 15 minute' problem :dizzy: . Just when I'm exhausted and trying to go to sleep, UGH!! I get so tired sometimes that I just want to pull my hair out. I just keep praying for God to help me, and all the rest of us, through this awful bladder mess. I turn into a big, weeping MESS when I've been sleepless for too long.

I've tried sleeping medication, but it doesn't work for me when I'm up and down so much. It takes me so long to fall asleep that, by the time I get good and relaxed, I'm having to get up and pee again. So it's hopeless. Sleep meds only make me feel worse. So anymore, I don't take anything.

Sure wish we had a chat room for those of us who are up all hours of the night. That would be a wonderful way to pass the time :)

mary124
05-19-2006, 09:16 AM
I usually go about once an hour. If I'm lucky, at night, (and depending on what time I go to bed 1-2 times a night)

wolfaleena
05-19-2006, 10:14 AM
ashley m.. that is a good idea of a chat room for those of us who are up all night urinating..
i self cath so i try to before i get into bed.. itake ativan which helps me sleep a little bit , but then i keep popping up after it wears off. i can hardly function at all during the day any more from this whole mess... i have got to get my IC under some kind of control... i am going to see another doctor for his opinion on my treatment....i always pray for everyone..... lets all try to "keep hope alive" without hope what do we have?

CrazyAZZGirl79
05-23-2006, 11:50 AM
hiya well soon as i urinate i have to pee 2 mins later but vesicare makes me only get up once a night and i have never had pain..