PDA

View Full Version : swelling of feet and hands sign of a flare

adagirl
10-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Hi i'm knew to this board and i have read people say"when I flare"
Please tell me how you know and is swelling of your feet and hands part of it?
For 2 days I can hardly wears shoes and my rings on my hand won't move.
I am thinking that your bladder does not emty due to IC and then you swell like a ballon! It is not my TOM cause I just finished that cycle last week.
My clothes don't fit cause my belly looks bloated. I do not use salt, so that is not it either

Katrina
10-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Well I recommend you discuss this with your doctor.

Swelling at your bladder can be from mass cells. Have you tried any antihistamine as part of your IC treatment?

If you believe you are suffering from retention I recommend some physical therapy and messaging your urethra before you go. I often try to go a second time each time I go.

:welcome: to the boards! Hope to see you around!

adagirl
10-07-2005, 08:49 AM
hi katrina,
what do you mean swelling at your bladder could mean "mass cells"?
As far as antihistamine-i'm alergic too any of them.
thanks for answering

Briza
10-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I experienced swelling in my feet at the onset of my IC symptoms. So bad that I bought size 9 shoes for my normally size 7.5 feet.

adagirl
10-08-2005, 04:19 AM
I experienced swelling in my feet at the onset of my IC symptoms. So bad that I bought size 9 shoes for my normally size 7.5 feet.
So is this considered "a flare up" and does it go away. My urine smells stail
Usually this is when my urualogist says its time to have my bladder stretched again.
Is this my only choice? I need to know if these problems are reoccuring and do they go away?Is this part of living with IC. I just don't want to have my bladder stretched all the time as the doctor recommends. I am trying to learn as much as i can before monday-when I meet with my urauligist.

Briza
10-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Adagirl
The swelling subsided long before the flare went away. I'm back in my regular shoes now. I think I'm in partial remission now, with symptoms that come and go by the minute, hour, or day, but nothing debilitating like before. My flares consisted of severe pelvic plain, burning bladder, back ache, bloated belly, inner thigh ache, urgency, sensitive skin in the pelvic and lower back area, and severe vulvodynia, all at the same time, and lasted 4-5 months each. These days it seems like I'll have just one of any of those symptoms, but not all at the same, and they don't stick around for long, and I am very thankful for that. As soon as I feel something coming on I take pyridium and that seems to help.

SandyRN
10-11-2005, 09:38 AM
If this is a new symptom for you you need to discuss it with your doctor. Swelling is not a normal symptom of anything and it can actually be a danger sign of high blood pressure, among other things. Please ask your uro to be on the safe side.

Portia17
10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
ADAGIRL

I just went through all of that. My blood pressure was normal but when he checked my ankles he left his thumbprints on it and said i was retaining water. He gave me meds a month ago and now they are back to normal and off the meds. Please tell your doc

Hugs
Mary

ICNDonna
10-12-2005, 03:41 AM
I agree that swelling of the hands and feet should always be reported to your doctor.

Donna