PDA

View Full Version : A pinching feeling in the urethra

Paula A
07-27-2005, 08:38 AM
I am in a flare right now and I feel like someone is pinching my urthrea. I have burning and it feels like it is coming from my vagina and urthrea. Has anyone else ever feel like their urethra is being pinched? I have felt this before and it drives me nuts :loco:

:) :) :) :)

Paula

windwalker
07-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Closest I've had to that is the feeling something tiny and sharp is trying to come out but not a pinch. I get the urethral burning often also.

Katrina
07-27-2005, 02:14 PM
I have gotten a sharp pain at my urethra often...not exactly a pinch...but it does drive me crazzy...I can hardly move sometimes. Hope you feel better soon!
:grouphug:

ICNDonna
07-27-2005, 03:15 PM
If this is something new, it would be a good idea to be checked to be certain you don't have an infection working.

Donna

KLR
07-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Yes I have this a lot!!!! Problem is when I go to the doctors tests usually come back negative but they do give me a diflucan pill which does seem to help it go away. Can't really explain "why" that is. You should really get it checked out just to be sure.
K

jeanmary
07-29-2005, 08:55 AM
My pain is mostly centered around and in my urethra so I have those sensations all the time. I also get the feeling that there is something being pushed up or stuck there too. I have vulvodynia (dyesthethic) so I believe my problems are the result of nerve endings misfiring rather than IC. But mostly I have spasms so I hope a muscle relaxor will help. I have tried elavil with mixed results. Neurontin up to 1800 mgs per day, and many others. I have seen more discussion on Cymbalta lately for some neuropathic conditions but I believe it mimics Effexor (side effects) and that was hard for me. Coming off of it was a nightmare. However, if I thought it could control the problem completely I would do it.
The fact that all of us are willing to try and be guinea pigs for the medical profession should tell them how desperate and how much pain is being suffered due to our conditions.
Any thoughts out there on Cymbalta?
Jean :rolleyes:

Paula A
07-31-2005, 04:43 AM
Thank you all for responding and your suggestions. Believe me they help a lot. I have talked to my uro. and gyn. about this problem and they just say oh..... :headbang: I go back to the dr. next month I am going to bring it up again.

:) :) :) :)

Paula