PDA

View Full Version : TRANSFER FACTOR (Bovine colostrom)

bunnykinb
05-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Have any of you heard of Transfer Factor which is bovine colostrum derived from cows for human consumption? It is like colostrum in breast milk in the beginning. It is supposed to raise the immune system, but I also read, but can't remember where, that it may help IC.

Thanks,
bunnykin

massagedoula
05-05-2005, 05:03 PM
I read that in "Solving the IC Puzzle". I never wanted to try it, however...it seemed to odd, I kept getting the picture in my head of a human suckling on a cow's udder!

But she talks alot about it in that book...maybe it is worth a try for you?

ICNDonna
05-06-2005, 03:17 AM
I suggest you read the information at http://www.quackwatch.org on this subject. This supplement has been touted as a "cure" for literally dozens of diseases.

Donna

bunnykinb
05-08-2005, 12:45 PM
My doctor told me to take it so I wouldn't get sick so much from ear/sinus infections. It is an expensive supplement too.

bunnykib

2flyingdogs
05-10-2005, 05:33 AM
I've been taking it for about a month now. I began taking it to ward off getting sick during a time which I could not afford to get sick. The first week was pretty rough. I actually felt worse and almost stopped taking it, then I did some research online and found that it was normal to feel worse during the first week.

After the "purging period" I felt a little better than my norm and had a bit more energy. Also, I never got the cold that I could feel coming on. As far as my IC, I have not noticed a huge difference (I'm not peeing quite as frequently, but my pain is pretty much the same), but my Fibro pain is a bit better.

I cannot tolerate Elmiron so I have been desperate to find something that could possibly help. I can't tell yet if the colostrum is really worth it. I'll let you know in another month how I am doing.

bunnykinb
05-11-2005, 07:56 AM
2flyingdogs,

My doctor and my son's doctor (both at the same practice) are always there working. I have never seen them sick. They both contribute that to Transfer Factor. So, maybe it really doesn't help IC, but may actually help with colds and flus. I couldn't tolerate Elmiron 2x a day because it made me very nauseated even if I used the powder only. Then I was taking it once a day, but my throat felt really tight. I stopped taking it and went to my doctor who did say that my throat was a bit swollen. I don't know if it was from the sulfa in it since I am allergic to sulfa or just me being me. Even though I have been off of Elmiron for 3 months, I am still getting the throat tightness so, maybe it wasn't Elmiron causing the problem.

Anyway, I am taking Urocit-K and Atarax, but I am still getting urethral pain.

bunnykinb

Vampireness
10-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I've been looking for something to help my cat with it's skin condition for sometime now and I just send an email Wellnesscafe where Holistic Veternarians are listed and alots of information on vaccinations,antibiotics andsteriods etc.

Someone representing the Wellnesscafe called me from Singapore and she suggested to use Transfer Factor for my cat, and so I asked her what's in it. She was telling me alots about how her dogs benefited from it and how her mom benefited from it (her kidney was a problem) and how her brother is a doctor etc And, then she mentioned HIV patients got better etc etc.

I had to know what's inside, then she tells me Bovine Colostrum and egg yolk (you left that part out Bunnykinb) and of course Colostrum is beneficial and I've been giving my cat my Colostrum. But, never egg yolks, but I think it's no harm to give egg yolk extracts.

So I asked her about Transfer Factor Plus, since she asked me to use both of the products. Transfer Factor Plus has added ingredients like, IP-6 and I searched on it and it seems to help, cancer and kidney etc etc Sounds good eh? But, I don't know much.

Anyways, then it stated Maitake and Shiitake Mushrooms and I'm not sure about that in the bladder..is it okay?

It also has Soya Bean Extract, not sure if it's like Cranberry is not alright but the extract form is less acidic or something.

And of course it has Olive Leaf Extract which is a good antibacterial/antifungal but you'll have die off system as with both product, probably worse with this one, since the Olive Leaf Extract is included along with Colostrum that has it's own healing crisis.

As for my cat, I'll have to check it out at the vets about certain ingredients since it's for both human and animal consumption, don't want to give the wrong thing.

But, "normal" people can take it without a problem, just don't know if mushroom and soya bean is good for bladder patients....

And yes Bunnykinb, it is indeed expensive.

Vampireness

Vampireness
10-03-2007, 12:54 AM
I looked up more on this product and it turns out to be Transfer Factor which extracted from Colostrum and Chicken, it supposedly is supposed to transfer knowledge to your cells on how to be alert of an intruder (a pathogen), then react to it and be able to recognise it in the future. The article can better explain it. It's not exactly bovine colostrum.

From the website itself, it's put way better than I can explain:

ARE THERE ANY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DRIED EGG YOLK OR COW COLOSTRUM AND 4LIFE TRANSFER FACTOR PRODUCTS?

Yes. Unlike dried egg yolk or cow colostrums, 4Life’s Transfer Factor E-XF contains concentrated transfer factors. Through patented processes, 4Life separates transfer factors from the other components in egg yolks and cow colostrums to capture a broader range of immune-enhancing transfer factors. Dried eggs and cow colostrums alone contains only small amounts of actual transfer factors along with other compounds. In addition, Transfer Factor E-XF goes through a special stabilization process to protect its effectiveness.

IS THERE SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT TRANSFER FACTORS ARE EFFECTIVE?

Yes. In the 50 years since Dr. Lawrence’s pioneering work on transfer factors, an estimated $40 million has been spent researching transfer factors and hundreds of scientific papers that document its effectiveness have been published.

Independent studies have also shown the ability of 4Life Transfer Factor products to increase immune system effectiveness. Studies by the Russian Academy of Medical Science show that 4Life Transfer Factor Advanced Formula boosts immune activity by 283 percent and 4Life Transfer Factor Plus Advanced Formula boosts it 437 percent!* Additional clinical studies and information are located in the 2004 and 2005 Physicians Desk Reference for Non-Prescription Drugs and Dietary Supplements.

*Test results obtained by a blind study conducted by Dr. Anatoli Vorobiev Kelevstiki, Head of Immunology of the Russian Academy of Medical Science. Cancer containing cells were subjected to cytotoxicity testing. Samples containing 4Life Transfer Factor from cow colostrums and egg yolk sources were tested individually and in blended forms for incubation periods of 24 and 48 hours to determine the most beneficial combination and activation time.)

WHAT ARE TRANSFER FACTORS?

Transfer factors are tiny natural molecules found in the bodies of all mammals and birds that transfer critical immune information to cells. They work across species barriers—from animal to person or animal to animal—to transfer immune knowledge to the na?e immune system.

HOW DO TRANSFER FACTORS WORK?

Transfer factors educate your na?e immune system about a present or potential danger and equip it with a plan for action. Although the most notable function of these smart molecules is to support the recognition of a threat, they also support the immune system’s ability to remember past invasions, allowing your body to more quickly respond to similar health threats. In addition, transfer factors boost or balance your immune response, depending on the support needed by your immune system.

4Life Transfer Factor boosts immunity
How? It helps your immune system do three things

Be Smart
Your immune system relies on information. It needs to know (1) that theres a problem and (2) how to deal with it. The information-carrying molecules in 4Life Transfer Factor are natures way of keeping your immune system informed and ready to respond.

Be Speedy
Bacterias secret to survival is to multiply unbelievably fast. A few minutes is often all the time unhealthy bacteria need to become a force to reckon with. 4Life Transfer Factor helps your immune system act quickly to stop bacteria from multiplying. This can reduce the strain on your system to a fraction of what it might have been. Basically, with a speedy immune system, bacteria dont get much of a chance to start spreading in the first place.

Be Effective
4Life Transfer Factor educates your immune system so it can track what germs youve encountered in the past and how your body best dealt with them. This history of germ-fighting success helps your immune system respond more effectively, as well as more quickly, to each new event.

Vampireness

PER
04-20-2010, 04:51 PM
I have been taking the marshmellow and colostrum for approx 2 months now and I notice HUGE improvement in my symptoms. I am an RN so I did alot of research on the products and found them to be extremely safe to add to my regimin whech also includes Quercitin and Elmiron. However the Elmiron and Quercitin alone were not cutting it, so I dedided to add the other two.
I hope to stop the Elmiron soon and try to fly solo to see if the Marshmellow and colostrum will hold. But , in the meantime I highly recommend both products.

musiclover
04-20-2010, 04:53 PM
I tried Colostrum several months ago. I didn't notice that it helped my symptoms at all so I stopped taking it.

teacher2be
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I took it faithfully twice a day a few years ago for the whole winter time/cold and flu season period and wasn't sick once. I didn't notice an improvement with IC or the CFIDS much at all, but just with not getting the flu. I usually get sick every single Winter, and I didn't when I was taking the colostrum, so I think that is something. Now I have moved on to oregano oil. I have been around sick children this week, but I'm still feeling fine! :D

needsrelief
04-24-2010, 03:22 AM
I hear of alot of people being on colostrum and going into remission but i think its combined with other therapies. It may take about a year to a year and a half to really feel the effects