04-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Good Afternoon All,
I was just wondering if anybody nows of "Good Stay At Home Jobs" to make extra income (for my meds). I need to start doing something. But unless you talk with people you don't know how many jobs are trustworthy or how many are SCAMS. Love Being on the Computer, But I need to get paid while I'm on the computer. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. My medicine is costing way to much and my boyfriend is STRESSIN :hmm: . Any Help would be nice. :help:
04-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Working At Home Ideas
1. Baking for others in your home kitchen. Breads, cookies, cakes, pies, etc
2. Makes home-made soap. (With home soap hunters are a good group to market to) Find out if local stores may want to cell your product. (There is always the net and eBay)
3. Know how to write code? Lots of people out there wanting websites made. You don’t necessarily need to know how to write code as long as you have some understanding of it. Many programs out there do the work for you. If you are creative or artistic this may be a good thing for you to look into…..I have a lot more info in this area…just ask.
4. I know a lady who makes small pieces of furniture and stays awful busy.
5. Sewing or making alterations may not necessarily even clothing possibly pot holders with matching hand towels for kitchens. Purses Selling at craft fairs
6. Another lady makes baskets, has them in a few up-scale catalogs.
7. One lady began making jams for sale out of her home, it grew so large she now rents a commercial kitchen.
8. sell products you make on eBay.
9. Or do you have room to garden? Those home-grown tomatoes beat the heck out of the ones in the grocery store!
10. buy things to sell on the net
a. buy from stores with good sales
b. stores like Good Will
c. Garage Sales
e. Look through the news paper for deals on things for sale
11. instructional videos/DVD's,
12. Wildlife Artist.
13. design jewelry
14. design postcards
15. author cookbooks
16. consultant one example (Discovery Toys consultant)
16. Web designer.
17. “Internet Marketing”
18. Dana Weinberger trusts a company Dana Weinberger [email@example.com] email her if you want to contact that company and she will give you a phone number and mentor you.
19. 1. crafts - making homemade paper, making pet items (these can sell for big $$), painting ceramics/wood frames/you name it!, sculpting, decorating baskets, making wreaths, making candles, making soap, building and painting small bookshelves, tables, etc., making jewelry, making homemade bath powders - be creative!
20. baked goods
21. Typing for others (college students)
22. online business
24. pet sit in your home
26. Selling Avon, Tupperware, MaryKay
a. Avon http://www.mybeautylady.com/
b. Tupperware http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_opportunity.how?fv_item_category_code=64000
c. MaryKay http://www.marykay.com/CareerPath/CareerPath.asp
27. In the October Good Housekeeping magazine, on page 88, is a little article called "Parties that Pay Off." It is a list of 4 companies that are now offering home sales opportunities. They list:
1. The Pampered Chef (kitchen tools) -- call 1-800-266-5562 or go to http://www.pamperedchef.com
2. PartyLite Gifts (selling candles of all types) -- call 508-830-3100 or go to http://www.partylite.com
3. Creative Memories (scrapbooking supplies & parties) -- call 1-800-341-5275 or go to http://www.creativememories.com
4. Longaberger (maple baskets) -- call 1-800-966-0374 or http://www.longaberger.com
A lady I know learned how to re-cane chairs,..who'd have thought, but she stays quite busy!
29. making a product I call Hottie Pillows. They are a flannel pillow filled with Iowa seed corn, you throw them into the microwave for 3-4 minutes and you have an instant, cordless, go anywhere heating pad. The heat lasts 2-3 hours depending on the heaviness of the flannel.
http://homebizlink.com/wwwboard/ this link is a message board with discussion on businesses of all kinds…..from this you may be able to find ideas for creating your work at home business by what people are looking for or tell if a business you are looking into is a scam
http://www.internet-marketing-forum.com/forum/index.php ongoing forumn same as above but post able
http://www.friendsinbusiness.com/scams/catalog.shtml scam list!
http://www.onlinewbc.gov/wbc.pdf Recommended by Jill US Small Business Administration has a department set up to help women (especially low income and disabled women) start a small or microbusiness???? They provide grants to non profit organizations in nearly every state to help patients like you become independent and generate income!!! It's free!
If you have an idea, a product to sell, or would like to learn how to work from home.... these could be a great place to begin! Click here for a list of centers throughout the USA - http://www.onlinewbc.gov/wbc.pdf
04-15-2005, 05:00 PM
I house/pet sit for a lot of people in my area now that I am not working due to my IC. I make ok money doing it. Like I usually house/pet sit for one of my old high school teachers who lives like 10 miles away (believe me, I know how hard it is to travel when IC is bad. I can only last 5 minutes in a car on my good days). The guy has two birds, two cats and two dogs. I make like $100 a week for staying there. The only thing is that I have to bring my own food of course. But this guy usually goes away for schooling every other month for like 2 weeks at a time. That's how I make extra money to pay for my meds!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.