PDA

View Full Version : Are there any helpful otc medications for frequent urination?

jen78nc
01-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Hi all. Im just wondering if there are any OTC medications that help with frequent urination. I am taking pyridium, but I dont know that its helping that much. I welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

carebear22
02-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Try Prelief, it helps. It doesn't take it away fully for me, but it does help with symptoms a lot. Good luck, I am new to this, too so I am just starting out! Call Prelief hotline and they will send you a coupon, sorry my bottle is at home, so I don't have it on me, just google PRELIEF.

Jenn

Katrina
02-08-2005, 12:10 PM
AZO standard helps. Most things that help with pain can help with frequency for many. When I am flaring frequncy I take AZO, Prelief, and Prilosec OTC that are over the counter. Have you tried a anti spasmodic medicine? If frequency is your biggest problem a pain med that is a anti convulsant may be a better choice for you. Neurontin and Gabitril are anticonvulsants.
http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7562

VickiB
02-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Yes, AZO definitely helps for me. I don't think it's for day in and day out use though.

Hope you find something that works soon!

Vicki

ICLori
02-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I've tried everything - Azo, pyridium, prelief, tums, antihistamines, Neurontin, OTC pain relievers, prilosec, tons of natural remedies, homeopathic remedies, etc. Nothing helps. Most things make it worse for me.

That's why I'm getting a neuromodulation device implanted. Nothing else has worked so far for me, either prescription or non-prescription, Western medicine or "new age" stuff, and I'm looking at bladder removal now. So I figured I'd try the Bion on my way towards getting my bladder yanked out.

Blessings, Lori

Saradee
02-11-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm currently taking Pyridium. To me, it just seems like a stronger Uristat -which is my OTC pick.

But the cheapest and fastest trick that works for me is 1 to 2tbspn of baking soda in 8 oz of water. The taste is horrible and it has to be a new box (obviously). I went to my aunts house the other day and she had a 'new' box according to her in her spice cabinet. I was desperate so I mixed me up a little cocktail. It tasted like garlic powder-cinnamon sea water! ICK! So, I bought some gelatin capsules from the health food store and I'm going to fill them for when I'm on the go and I need a quick fix. That way I can just figure out how many capsules = a tablespoon and skip the dry heaving as I chug that nasty stuff BUT IT REALLY WORKS, for me.