PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the Clitoris?

broken_smile
12-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi,
Just want to know if any of you experience pain in the clitoris like it is engorged. The pain to me feels like almost have a tingling pain its really aggravating. I guess it would be like having a hard on in a man that would not go down. It is so irritating it sometimes makes me want to cut my clit off. It is though it has an electric current in it. I told my urologist that my clitoris hurt and he said it happens with IC that any part down there could have pain. Just would like some feedback. It will drive you crazy.

Broken_Smile :loco: :cussing:

Betsie
12-26-2004, 06:09 PM
With my severest onset of IC, I too experienced this, but I felt "everything" was engorged for a long time and I also felt like a human percolater...I felt quite literally on fire for a long time....I do think it is a symptom for some and like other annoyances, does eventually calm down....keep those "seam" losse and comfy and try to keep the are bathed but patted dry....might be time for some ice packs....good luck.

Imustpee
12-26-2004, 06:40 PM
How awful! I am so sorry to hear this...thankfully I don't have that symptom.....did the dr offer any help?

kelly McC
12-26-2004, 06:46 PM
I have desribed to my uro almost the same as you did .. I try ice packs ,hot showers next week I start a lidocaine mixture to apply once a day for 8 weeks.. I have a infection so I have to wait for it to clear up first. Hope your able to find something to help sending huggs,
Kelly

Kathi
12-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Some have the feeling of constant orgasm. I think PFD should be investigated & also, pain magement doc might help.
I've heard how annoying it can be. Feel better soon. Kathi

traceann
12-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Oh my gosh, you described it exactly how I did to my boyfriend, and it's a really frustrating feeling! I noticed that "symptom" seemed to get worse before my period, and crazy as it sounds getting up and walking around (even though that was the last thing I felt like doing!) helped a bit, plus some motrin. When I mentioned it to my gyno, he muttered something about "engorgement" and asked me to keep an on things to see if they looked "puffy" or "swollen"...um yep. So that was where he left me with that, it was here that I found out it can be a symptom of IC. I haven't quite figured out how to make it feel better, aside from a cold pack and some motrin, sometimes that works in combo with walking around. Just wanted to say, I can so relate to it!!

Tracey :)

raeray
12-27-2004, 02:27 PM
I don't know what to do either...but I can also relate. It's really not fun at all, especially when that whole area is so sore.

broken_smile
01-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Hello Everyone,
I have not posted in a few days because I got a trojan virus I had to get rid of it had hijacked my browser very annoying. I told my urologist about this pain and he said it could go along with IC and that was it. I think maybe I would get more help from a gynocologist at least I hope. Please let me know if the Lidocaine works and what is PFD? If anybody finds a good way to treat this please let me know.

Broken_Smile :grouphug:

navemj
01-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I also have that awful feeling in the clitoris. I have found that some things help like cleaning around the clitoris once a week with a q-tip. Sometime a white patch can form under the clitoral hood making it aggravate the problem. I also use vitamin E over the area and rinse with a peroneal bottle. My doctor prescribed estrace cream compounded with elmiron. This helps alot!!! You can get it at any compounded pharmacy. I hope this info helps. Sometimes nothing helps.
Maryann

broken_smile
01-09-2005, 03:59 PM
navemj,
I do the same thing with the Q-Tip because you are right you can get a build up underneath the hood of the clitoris. I have also read that from not cleaing under the area the hood can actually adhere to the clitoris and the gyno will have to break the ahesions a loose. This can also happen in uncircumised men. If you get that build up it will sure make the pain alot worse. I just try not to get to rough with the Q-Tip as it can inflame it and make it alot worse too.

Broken_Smile :loco:

bunny
01-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Estrace cream and heavy ice pack. The weight and cold helps.

Nancy

gotta_go
01-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Wow. I was beginning to think I was crazy...I'm so glad I found these posts (well, I'm not glad that we are all going through this, though!!) I have been experiencing terrible clitoral pain and pain at the meatus (what an anatomy education we are all getting!!). I can't believe someone said it feels like a constant orgasm - I WISH! It definitely does NOT feel that way to me. It hurts even sitting down. I have lidocane in the house and want to try it but I'm afraid it will burn-does it? Also I'm afraid of being so numb from it that I will never be able to have an orgasm. It's already tough to have one from being on Elavil (which in my opinion is not helping with the IC, but I guess it's helping the depression which goes along with it).

LindaP
01-30-2005, 04:16 AM
Well ladies, thanks again for your candor. Both my primary care and my uro just looked at me when I described this (in total embarassment) and didn't really help me. I was so disappointed I don't even remember what they said.
I have been truly frustrated not knowing what this is. Thought maybe I 'pulled something' 'down there' when moving my mother out of her apartment. I have been sitting on heating pads. Never tried cold. Think I will.

Anyway, if it wasn't for people like you, angels who share, others would still be sooo stressed out. It's just a comfort to know I'm not crazy.

Sorry you all share in this type of pain though,

Linda

Flarin-up Vicky
01-30-2005, 09:49 AM
I have clitoris pain,too! It's more like a numbness, I have no sensation left except for pain and discomfort. When it's touched, it feels soo irritated and a bit painful!! My doctor said I could have vulvodynia. Not sure yet, I hope not, I sure don't need another health condition right now on top of the 3 I have now!!!

nss
03-01-2005, 07:18 PM
I to have the same pain. I also notice that when the Clitoris is flaring up, I also get pain across the abdomen like I am on fire. Might have to try the cold pack down there. Have been in the worst flare since being diagnosed with IC & VV. Usually I get the odd day of pain, but nothing like this.

ti_fanny
03-04-2005, 09:45 AM
hello everyone, I was just wondering where I would put this question. but I already see, I'm not weird and their are other people that have the same problem. My Clitoris is ALOT of my pain. Every night I sleepf on my side with the hand pushing on my clitoris just so I can feel compfortable, also a heating paid works. I'm taking pain meds and valium and it does not help with my clit pain. Has anyone had success?
I'm glad I'm not weird but I'm not glad that we have it.
Hope somone finds help.
Tanya

sparklebabyprincess
03-04-2005, 10:19 AM
I also have this, it is very annoying, I usually describe it, as it feels like someone is pinching my clitoris a little, But I think you described it better.
And when I cry it gets really bad, kinda weird? Even if I don't have it crying will bring it.
Some presser on it does help for me and walking around a bit.
So you will see me walking around holding my crotch like a little kid who has to pee. :lmao: Very good image huh? I don't do it when anyone can see me.http://www.ic-network.com/forum/images/smilies/whistle.gif
I also noticed I go to the bathroom more not because I fill like my bladder is full but that clitoris pain is so annoying and it fills like I have a few drops right in it ready to come out, But it never helps. I have noticed if I make my self just hold it for as long as I can so when I go a decent amount comes out it will help.

July
03-04-2005, 01:08 PM
I get that too with the pain across the abdomen. Sometimes feels like little papercuts across my clitoris. One thing that helps....go underwearless around the house!

Flarin-up Vicky
03-04-2005, 06:50 PM
My clitoris only hurts and feels soooooo uncomfortable when it is rubbed or stimulated in any way.Oral sex and heavy petting is definately a no no!!! I can't have sex in the missionary position or any other position that stimulates the clitoris.Sometimes,if my bladder lets me,I can do it from behind.:woohoo: This condition makes it hard for me to 100% enjoy myself because then I get to thinking what if it starts hurting or what if I have to pee,more than once:toilet:,how much pain I'm going to be in afterwards,UUUGGHH!!:cussing: Sometimes I think to myself,"Is 30 minutes of pleasure really worth all the agony I'm gonna go through afterwards?" The answer more than half of the time, NAAAA!!!! :biglaugh:

portiapoodle
03-05-2005, 12:40 PM
yup i have the same thing. Besides the damn urinating and disgusting pain in the bladder, I get sharp pains in the clitoris and in that area so I get an icepack and stick it between my legs.

I hate this disease.

Red Hatter
03-05-2005, 12:51 PM
I have the same kind of pain. I lost my husband acouple years ago. Thank God he was understanding my friends donot they look at me like i am crazy.

ICLori
03-05-2005, 02:11 PM
It's interesting, I don't have pain there personally, but when they were stimulating the pudendal nerve with electrical stimulation (long story, having a neuromodulation device installed near my pudendal nerve) I felt it in my clitoris. That's where they said I was supposed to feel it, actually. So any pain there...would have something to do with the pudendal nerve being inflammed. The doctors do say there is a neurogenic inflammation (nerves gone bad) component of IC, as well as the injury to the bladder. I would guess it's the pudendal nerve irritation/inflammation that causes the clitoral pain.

Hope you feel better soon.

Blessings, Lori

Cella
07-22-2005, 06:26 PM
I spent about a year thinking I had a UTI because that's exactly what it felt like. The only difference was that it was not constant. It would go away after a couple days. It definitely didn't feel the least bit sexual. I had a hard time making autotrips because I kept feeling like I had to urinate. When I DID stop to use the bathroom there was less than a thimble full. I tried a trick I'd used when I was younger and prone to UTIs. I bought a cortizone cream and used it around the urethra. That really helped, but nothing I did stopped it altogether. When applying the cream one day, I noticed that my clitoris felt engorged, and when I touched it, I could tell that that's where the real problem was. Now I could apply the cream to the right spot and the change was dramatic. I was getting just enough on the clitoris before to make it feel better, but now I really get some relief. I'm still concerned about this, but just knowing I'm not the only one is comforting :)

edythe
07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Estrace cream and heavy ice pack. The weight and cold helps.

Nancy
I use estriol, think it is safer, and vitamin E compounded by a pharmacy (gyno can prescribe) estrace has chemicals in it. you don't want anything with propylene glycol...its a precursor to oxalic acid...and that will burn :woohoo:

Myra
11-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi,
I am glad to know I am not alone. I have clitoris pain too, and it is embarrassing and pretty hard for many people (except us) to relate to. My clitoris is painful, especially when stretched or pressed gently. It was never like this a week ago, and I'm still trying to find out what's wrong.
I think going to a doctor and making him do his job instead of providing a brief explanation is the best thing to do. I'm going to do it some time this week. It's much better than trying to fish online for information..
Hope you get better, hugs,
Myra

navemj
11-23-2006, 03:06 AM
If you can find a Physical therapist that deals in pelvic floor dysfunciton, that might help. They can work on pelvic spasms which can cause pelvic pain. Also, make sure not to stay constipated. I started Zelnorm which helped alot and you can use some olive oil for soothing comfort. Also, Elavil can help with the nerve pain. Hope these suggestions help.
Maryann

I am not a doctor these are only suggestions.

kjd
11-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi

I just want to say I have exactly the same clitoral pain as you ladies. I thought i was going mad so I am so pleased to find someone else who also has these symptoms.
I told my urologist but he just said its common with IC and thats it.
Mine is constant. has anyone has any treatment.?x

LindaP
11-29-2006, 03:28 AM
Hi everyone...at the time I posted my question to you all about the clitoral pain I didn't see any posts on it...thought maybe I was the only one but thought too that I'd just throw the question out there.. I'm glad I did.
Although at the time I was alone in my quest for relief I am glad to see that the others that share this horrible pain, now see that they are not alone.

I don't jump to taking prescriptions for anything...I try my best to just listen to my body and if I mask my bodies symptoms with prescriptions then I feel I am doing myself an injustice and will never be able to 'read' what my body is telling me. I'm and IC'er like you all, not a doctor, not a nurse etc.
Here is what I did that helped me.

I started using progesterone cream just before bed, dabbing a dime sized drop on my fore arms and rubbing them together. I would alternate heat and cold. Yep, I actually used cold packs there (with underware on). This seemed to take away the extreme, intensity of the pain. Also, not being alergic to oatmeal, I bought AVEENO oatbath and made a paste with water.
I'd get a sanitary napkin, apply the paste and apply the napkin to my underware and sit for a spell while watching TV. This also seemed to sooth the area. Pressure also helped so, like others I've read here, at bedtime I'd lay on my side, apply pressure to my clitoris and try to fall asleep.

I can't remember but I think my pain lasted 4-5 months. I haven't had it since.

I hope for you too, this will be a short-lived symptom...
hugs to you all,
Linda

marymove
11-29-2006, 03:33 AM
This is wonderful news. I had just posted a question on Newly Diagnosed and no one answered, so I thought I must be crazy, but here was all the answers I needed. My clitoris hurts so bad - worse than my bladder. Every doc I have asked says it looks fine and then gives me that "she must be crazy look" that I am getting very used to. The thought of any sexual contact make me cringe. Who would of thought that something that was supposed to cause pleasure can cause so much pain. Thanks for all the info. I am glad I am not alone, but sorry that you guys are suffering.

kjd
05-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi Broken smile

how are you feeling?
x