PDA

View Full Version : Bowels won't completely empty?

twiggy
12-22-2004, 04:08 PM
Does anyone else have this problem with IBS? I never had it until the last month or so. It seems I got to the washroom, but still feel full. I hate this feeling. If anyone else has it, what helps to alleviate it?

Betsie
12-22-2004, 04:46 PM
A good healthy diet, plenty of water on a consistent basis and a monitered use of narcotics and other constipating Rx treatments, and there are many.

I will try to send you a link if i can find it. If you do not have a Dr. of Gastroenterology, I suggest you look into one...constipation is very normal, though unpleasant for so many, but if you truly have an ongoing problem, becoming impacted is quite serious and you don't want it ever to get that far. I will look for that link now and hopefully post again...if not, didn't find it...feel better and do seek medical help if needed. perhaps a few stool softeners in the meantime, though it isn't good to become reliant on these either...this is why I always recommend a GI consult.

Betsie
12-22-2004, 04:56 PM
http://www.ibsvillage.com/info/b/b0.jsp?checked=y

http://www.talkibs.org/ibs_with_constipation.html

http://www.nexiumresearch.com/constipation_ibs.html

Maybe some valuable info pertaining to you here, hope it's helpful.

sweetpea2555
12-28-2004, 08:14 PM
I have had IBS for probaly 8 years now. Diet is very important and the thing I found that helps me the most is taking Citrucel capsules (not sure I spelled ot right) on a daily basis and it helps with most of the cramping and full-gassy feeling. All the meds I'm taking for bladder seem to help keep me from getting the runs.
But, please remember everyone is very different. This works for me. Hope you find some releif. I do have to agree, you don't want to get impacted. That is the worst. A good doctor can give you alot of helpful advice.

AAF
01-08-2005, 05:27 AM
My doctor has asked that I take things that are gentle to rid me of constipation which would probably be a daily problem for me if it weren't for some preventative measures that I'm taking. The constipation leads to pelvic pain for me, so I have to be diligent. I take magnesium at the recommended daily dosage and on a rare occasion a little more and Surfax...usually one capsule, sometimes a little more. I also try to eat a high fiber diet. I find that it's especially good to eat a high fiber cereal EVERY MORNING. I haven't been drinking a lot of water lately and it's been a problem. Bottom line: If I take my magnesium, one or two surfax daily, eat high fiber cereal in the morning and drink at least a little water throughout the day...I have absolutely NO constipation at all and I'm on TWO meds that cause consipation so I know this works.

Traysmum
01-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Twiggy

Not emptying bowels properly is also a sign of a rectocele. Have you been checked for that?

I too, have IBS and I have just undergone a rectocele op because I was suffering from what you have discribed. The Gyn doctor said I had a large rectocele and i had it repaired 6 weeks ago, It is much better now.

Taking lactolose helps keep the stools soft and also helps you to empty properly too.

JulieBird26
01-10-2005, 09:53 AM
I was diagnosed with IBS in 1998. Last Janruary I had a bad time with it. So he put me on Zelnorm. It helps me when I need it. Plus they also suggest a high fiber diet. But you need to drink plenty of water. Or the high fiber will consipate you more.