PDA

View Full Version : ky jelly problems?????

gloriabono68
11-08-2004, 01:58 AM
:toilet: I was just wondering....if anyone else has a bad reaction to ky jelly lubricant? It seems like everytime i use that stuff i end up with a yeast infection. IF not a yeast infection then it just burns like i am on fire. Is it just me ?? maybe i am allergic? I read somewhere that it was better for people with IC to use astroglide intstead of Ky.........just curious to know if anyone else has this problem or has heard that ??
thanks
kristi ( gloriabono)

Sarojini
11-08-2004, 03:18 AM
I've heard several stories about KY causing buring. Astroglide may be better for you. You can try it :)

My husband and I use a lube called Liquid Silk and I've never had problems with it. It is available online at Good Vibrations (http://www.goodvibes.com) or in the Sexual Health section of Drugstore.com (http://www.drugstore.com). Also, if you shop in the lube section at Good Vibrations, they have a Lube Sampler Pack with small trial sizes of about 8 different lubes -- you may want to get that. That way, you can try a bunch of them and see which ones work the best for you.

Good luck :) :grouphug:

ICNDonna
11-08-2004, 04:20 AM
If you're getting actual yeast infections after use, there are two possibilities --- your partner may be a carrier --- or the tube of lubricant may be contaminated. I buy the smallest size available so I start a fresh tube frequently.

Donna

Cricketmk3
11-08-2004, 05:09 AM
Sensitivity to condoms can cause problems too.

Jean12
11-08-2004, 12:38 PM
I have not heard of the problem you are describing; I like to use Astroglide. It isn't sticky the way K-Y can be. Try some small samplers like suggested and see what you like best.

Jean

kelly McC
11-08-2004, 01:06 PM
I did have burning problems with ky Jelly I tried the astroglide and still had same symptoms my uro suggested Uberlube and so far so good !
Kelly

VickiB
11-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Donna makes a good point. -My doctor warned me about the possiblity of the container becoming contaminated. She said to never take it from the tube directly to your hand, rather squeeze some out on another surface, like paper, than take it by hand from there.

I use KY jelly, but have often wondered if it isn't a source of irritation for me. Might be time for a change!

Vicki

liz25
11-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I had similar problems with the KY Jelly and the KY Liguid. My boyfriend and I now use the KY Warming Liquid and I have no problems. When I try to use the other 2 I always have problems. I do notice that the warming effect does help and there are other brands that have come out with a warming type if you want to ditch the KY all together. Good Luck!!

this_sucks
11-10-2004, 10:21 AM
i tried ky warming liquid. it burned so bad! i guess everyone is different with products maybe.

Dee74
11-11-2004, 03:15 AM
I have the same problem with KY. Anytime I go to the gyno (who uses KY), I have to wash immediately when I get home, otherwise I get severely irritated/itchy down below or end up with a nice yeastie.

For personal use, we use a product called Eros and I've never had a problem with it :)

liz25
11-11-2004, 04:09 PM
I am starting to think that I might also get yeast infections from this KY I used to use. Now I use KY warming and i am fine so far!

gloriabono68
11-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Liz25,
just curious but the ky warming stuff?? what does that feel like, without u getting to graphic.....i keep seeing it but since i seem to be having the KY problem i am kinda leery about it........
kristi ( gloriabono)

Alexa
11-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Have you tried astroglide instead of KY? It works better for me.

gloriabono68
11-13-2004, 10:26 AM
no , but i plan on using it next or asking my doctor........but since i might be pregnant i may not need it anymore since i cannot take half the medicine that dries me out......
but i know that ky is giving me trouble.......
thanks
kristi

hglsbabe
11-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Try using the Very Private Intimate Moisture. I use it every day all day long and during sex.

liz25
11-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Gloria and everyone! :)
i recently tried Finally the Solution For Women! and found that to be o.k. :rolleyes: It is kind of expensive and I didn;t noticeany huge difference, not every time. But, on the other hand, I did notice a big difference some of the time! :woohoo:

Gloria,
The KY warming is hard to explain, but I can put it perfect. The Ky heats on contact(friction). Have you ever used a self-heating face mask? That is what it feels like,... except not on your face!

Good luck!

VAPrincess2003
11-15-2004, 09:50 AM
I have the same problem with regular KY and warming KY....they both burn real bad to me....my boyfriend and I always use astroglide because it doesn't irritate me "down there".

Cricketmk3
11-16-2004, 09:36 AM
What about the Very Private Intimate Moisture sold on this site? I see one person has tried it. It comes in take-a-long single use size too. I haven't tried it, has anyone else tried it?

calandra21
11-12-2010, 03:45 AM
this is such an old post but i wanted to write a huge thank you as i have been suffering so much with yeast infections after using KY jelly and then passing them onto my partner, its been so unpleasant i was really starting to feel worried and humiliated.
i feel so much better that other people are going through similar things!"

Julie B
11-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I like the Desert Harvest Aloe Gele.....it is slick, but not sticky. It absorbs into the skin very easily. :-)