PDA

View Full Version : New IC Friendly Foods

icnmgrjill
11-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Hey folks,

My sister Janice and I, with the help of Bev Laumann, have been working really hard to identify foods that are mostly organic, preservative free and IC friendly. We've now added several new foods to our shop that we're very excited about..... including:

Now Available at: http://www.icnshop.com

Breakfast Cereals - Perfect for patients who need extra fiber and/or are struggling with constipation.

Kashi Good Friends High Fiber Cereal - an excellent source of fiber....
Honey Puffed Kashi
Nuts & Honey Old Fashioned Granola - doesn't get any simpler than this!

Soups - Just in time for the cold days of winter, we've found three new IC friendly soups that were recommended by IC diet guru Bev Laumann

Pacific Organic Free Range Chicken Broth - Perfect as a warm drink or as the basis of a soup!
Amy's Kitchen Organic Butternut Squash Soup - This is surprisingly flavorful. It has a light, sweet taste.. perfect with a dollop of sour cream or croutons.
Amy's Kitchen Cream of Mushroom Soup - a staple in most kitchens!

Pear Jams & Jelly's - A Perfect Pear, based in Napa, California, makes a wonderful line of products that we fell in love with.

Cinnamon Pear Jelly
Cinnamon Pear Maple Syrup
Pear Fig Jam

Rices & Beans

Organic Basmati White Rice - When you're in a flare, rice is a reliable staple! This is very light, fluffy and has a nutty taste.
Organic Green Split Peas - Did ya know split peas soup is IC friendly! Try cooking it with Aidells homemade apple sausages.

Honeys - If you're in a flare, the best hot drink is simply hot water & honey. We've found three flavored honeys that with a nice flavor.

Creamed Honey Golden Peach
Creamed Honey Red Raspberry
Creamed Honey Cinnamon

Coffee Alternatives

PERO is a new line "instant" low-acid herbal coffee that came highly recommended by an IC patient. This is our first "instant" coffee available.

Imustpee
11-02-2004, 03:55 PM
I just had Kashi for dinner...good stuff...what about Kava? It's lo acid and instant coffee?????