PDA

View Full Version : Vomiting with Baking Soda

amanda18
10-25-2004, 04:18 AM
Today I finally tried the ole' baking soda in water method to try and lower the acidity in my bladder. Within 15-20 minutes I was vomiting profusely. Anyone else have this happen?

ICLori
10-25-2004, 06:26 AM
Yup, I did. What I learned to do was put about 1/8th of a teaspoon of baking soda in an empty capsule (easy to buy those at health food stores) and then swallow it that way. Seemed to stay in my stomach lots better that way.

HTHS

Lori

Kathi
10-25-2004, 10:43 AM
You can also, try Tums, Mylanta, or another antacid. Kathi

ICNDonna
10-25-2004, 11:11 AM
I agree that trying Tums is a good idea. And it also can help with discomfort.

Hugs,
Donna

Iris5
11-25-2004, 12:24 PM
I threw up one time, but only because, instead of putting the baking soda in the water and drinking it together, I put the baking soda in my mouth, and then swallowed water after it. I inhaled the baking powder by accident, so my body reacted by heaving it up. It was not pretty.

Did you try mixing them together or did you take them separately? How much water did you drink?

Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) used to be the old fashioned way that people actually relieved nausea.

amanda18
11-25-2004, 04:17 PM
I did mix it with water, don't know what went wrong....

VickiB
11-26-2004, 05:58 AM
If I mix it at a high amount of baking soda to the water it makes me throw up. I've noticed many people mix one teaspoon or more to a glass of water, but I wouldn't have a prayer keeping that down! So I use 1/2 t to a glass, and then drink two to three glasses instead. Even at that strength it border-line gags me!

That's a good suggestion to try putting it in a capsule.

Vicki